Chapter eight

One month later ...

He have to go back to his work. Ofcourse I know that but I don't want him to leave. The habit of having him close to me is back now. I had struggled without him when he left before. Now he's going again , I'm gonna be devastated for sure. But he have to. He works there. So, for good I decided not to say anything like this to him and let him go.

The door bell rings. I wonder who might it be. I open the door and he's standing right in front of me.

"Hey amore. Were you expecting someone else?" He's teasing me with his smile.

"Well nah , but not you as well." I said to mock him.

"Uh huh ! You should better not expect someone else. You will face the consequences then."

"Come inside , stupid."

I gave him a glass of water. We are sitting on a dining table. He's here for dinner. It's his last night here, in Paris. With me. He's going back to New York.

"Ummm...the food is great. You cooked it , right ? I can't believe your cooking skills , amore. You are a great cook. I wanna eat the food made by you for this whole life."

"For that you have to be here with me in Paris , Mr. Steven Daniels."

He's shocked by hearing his full name from me. He's looking at me like what did you just call me?

I scoffed.

"Say that again."

"What?"

"My name. My full name. Say that again."

"And why?"

"It sounds good."

"Mr. Steven Daniels."

"Ugh ! Amore! I love it. I love you."

"Uh huh."

It's normal to say I love you in friends , right? Maybe it's not. But between my friend group we can say it out loud. So , I love you is not a big deal. After all we are friends. We are together from long. It's obvious that we would love each other.

After having dinner and chatting for a bit. He get up and start setting his shirt.

"I think it's time for me to go."

"What time is your flight?"

"Two hours from now."

"Uh ..okay."

"Promise me that you'll take care of yourself better. You'll share your every problem with me. You'll have your medicines at time and call me whenever you are free. Promise me amore that you will be fine on your own."

"Hey! You don't have to be that worried about me. Worry about yourself. Find a girlfriend already! How long you gonna take care of me ?"

"Amore." His nostrils flared and his voice was stiff.

"Okay , okay. I promise I'll take better care of myself and everything else. I promise you everything." I said smiling. "You must take care of yourself as well. And take your medicines on time and rest well. Hmm ?"

"Of course Bella. I'll. Okay , I think I should leave now. It's probably gonna take me an hour to reach the airport."

"Yeah. You should. Bye , take care of yourself. I love you the most Stevee." I gave him a kiss on his cheek and hugged him.

I'm probably gonna cry but I have to control myself. I can't cry in front of him. I pulled myself away from him.

"Bye , amore. See ya later !" He kissed my forehead and tucked my hair behind my ear on the right. I smiled and then he left.

I am standing in front my house. It's quite in my surroundings but there's so much noise inside me. I don't know how will I be able to keep up with it. I came inside and lay on my bed. It's way too quite. I can't survive this. I'm already missing him. It's not even a minute yet and I'm missing him badly. So I gave up on the seal of my tears and let them flow down my cheeks. My heart is aching with his absence.

Even after a month , I'm missing him around me. His beautiful brown eyes , his handsome face , his warm hug , his soft words and everything. I'm missing every inch of him. I want to be with him. So , I decided to visit him. With that , I left Paris.

I ring the doorbell. I got his address from his friend Bryann. Ofcourse, I want to surprise him with my visit. I want to see his reaction , his face when his eyes will meet mine , his smile to see me. Oh ! I can't wait to see him.

"Who's there?" He said from inside.

I decided not to say a word. So I ring the bell again.

"Coming." He's annoyed. I can tell from his voice.

"Ciao !" I said jumping and excitingly.

His face had no reaction. I mean he's shocked. Ofcourse, I was expecting that. A sudden visit to him !

"Hey , amore. Are you really here or am I just seeing things ?"

He's just way too amazed to see me that he's thinking that he's seeing things now.

I laughed and pinched his arm really bad.

"Aaaa , that hurts amore." He hugged me tightly.

We went inside his house.

"I still can't believe you are here." He laughed.

"Well , I am. Can't do anything to make you believe."

"So , how are you doing ?"

"Not pretty good. I was missing someone that I had to pay a visit to him now."

"Oh ! That someone must be very lucky. Huh ?"

"Yeah. You're right. He's lucky. And I'm lucky to have him."

"Mm hm. You little. You are getting naughty." He said while pulling my nose with affection.

We laughed with that.

"How is your work going?" I asked him.

"Pretty good. New students. New session. It's all amazing. You know I love teaching."

"That's nice to hear."

"Well , you should freshen up now. We are going to eat outside in an hour. "

"Okay , as you say."

I got up and took a warm , long bath.  Taking a bath after travelling is like the most wonderful thing to do. I'm feeling so fresh and full of energy. Then , I got ready wearing a black long dress.

"Oooh..looking beautiful Bella." His eyes were squeezed. He's biting his lips and looking straight at me.

"You too , Bello." I said that with just a pretty smile.

We went to a beautiful place to have dinner.

"What you wanna eat?" He asked me.

"I don't know any particular dish from here and you know my taste. So just order something you like."

"Well If that's so."

He ordered some amazing dishes and I liked them all. Ofcourse , my favourite red wine as well. After having dinner and loads of talking , we left for the house. That night , we talked a lot and we slept in the morning. He missed his work that day.

"Wanna go to a museum?" He asked.

"Ofcourse I would love to."

That day , we had a lot of fun. We literally roamed around the streets , clicked a lot pictures , ate a lot of food and had lotsss of fun. I was very happy that day.

Just like a snap , my time there ended. My time with Steven , it ended way too soon. I don't want to go back. But I have to. I can't stay with him. So, I left New York with smile on my face but tears in my eyes. I'm feeling sad to leave him there and I know he's not gonna visit me soon. I'm gonna miss him really bad again. But I don't want to interrupt our works.