16 [pure poison.]

˗ˏˋ 🧟 'ˎ˗

     "PLEASE, JUST TALK TO ME." Vivian ignored Ravens pleads. she didn't have the strength to tell her what happened and she was still a bit upset that she left their family when they needed her the most. The group was stuck in the train car, trying to make weapons out of what they had. Vivian had managed to make claws like Wolverine by placing sharp rocks between her knuckles.

     "Just focus on helping." Vivian scolded, annoyed with the girls efforts, it was clearly not the time to be begging for conversation. "When we get the fuck out of here, I'll talk." She growled, Raven taken aback by the girls harsh tone. It wasn't the little sister she remembered.

     "Fine." Raven huffed, her voice wavering as she pulls a knife out of her boot. Vivians eyes widen at the sight as she readies it in her hands.

     "How-" Vivian began, they had to have them surrender all their weapons, so how did she have the knife? She stopped herself before she could continue, too stubborn to release the grudge for a simple question.

     Vivian loved her sister. Nothing could change that. But maybe, just maybe, if she never left— she could have saved Rosie, or their mother. Vivian felt horrible for leaving her in the dark about all of it, but she couldn't tell her right before they had to fight, she needed her stable and ready so Vivian didn't lose another family member because of something she could have prevented. 'Her father. Her brother. Her mother. Rosie.' Her heart pinched at the thought of her name. She refused to add another name to that list.

     Daryl had told the group about how Beth was taken away by a car with a red cross, Raven watched how Vivian's tough exterior began crumbling down the moment Daryl mentioned him. Vivian could only pray she wasn't dead somewhere in a ditch— or worse.

"Shut up." Vivians breath hitched at the sound of another's voice walking towards the train car. Were they finally coming to kill them? Everybody huddled towards the door of the train car, everybody was ready to fight.

     "Y'all know what to do, go for their eyes first. Then their throats." Vivian didn't even want to think about killing another person after last night, she shuddered at the memory, she still couldn't quite get the feeling of his skin on hers off of her body and it was overwhelming to say the least.

     "Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car now." The voice demanded. The group stayed exactly where they were. First their eyes, then their throats. The process repeated in Vivians mind, she swallowed hard at the thought but it might be something she'll have to do if she wants to make it out of this hellhole alive.

     Footsteps clattered on the roof, at first Vivian was confused before the latch above opened, exposing their skin to sunlight and brightening the car before an object was dropped onto the floor. Vivian squinted at the object before realizing what it was.

     Apparently Abraham— the big ginger man who was built like an ox that came with Raven— noticed it first because he immediately shouted out, "Move!" Everybody immediately ran to the back of the car before it exploded, engulfing them in smoke, making it impossible to see two inches ahead of Vivian.

     Vivian squirmed for the corners immediately after hearing the metal doors swing open. If she couldn't see them, they couldn't see her. Which was just about her only current plan for survival.