8 [Liar.]

I SAT ON the cold prison floor as Rosie was laying on her bed listening to me read her favorite book, her hand attached to mine which I occasionally used to flip pages.

"Glad you're feeling better." I smile to the young girl as i close the book carefully, she used her free hand to grip her Fluttershy stuffed animal Michonne had got her on one of her many runs close to her chest.

     "I am too." She answers tiredly, returning the smile before letting out a yawn.

     "Want me to read another one?" I smile to my little sister, her eyes lighting up as she grabs a storybook from the top of her collection, an infectious grin spreading across her face.

     "This one!" She exclaims as she hands me the book.
"Where the wild things are" the cover reads. For some reason this had always been her favorite, though the wild things always gave me the creeps.

     "This one?" I raised my eyebrows as she nods her head up and down exited.
"Okay." I chuckle at the girls excitement as i flip the book to its first page.

     "The night Max wore his-" I began reading before getting cut off by a rumbling in the ground and a boom, i instantly stopped reading as my head perked up.

     "We're gonna have to continue this later." I inform her in a failed attempt to keep my voice steady.
"What was that?" Rosie asks me, her voice trembling as I get up from the floor, Rosie following my actions.

     I slide the book in the tote bag at my side while Rosie grips onto my hand tightly, her other hand she was holding onto her Fluttershy stuffed animal so hard i could see her knuckles getting white.

     We ran outside where I tagged along with Carl and Beth, still in the dark on whatever made that explosion, but one thing was for sure.
We were under attack.

     We reached the fence to see an assortment of cars on the other side, in the middle was a tank where the silhouette of a man stood on top of it.

     "The fuck?" I whispered to myself, my eyebrows furrowed as I carefully pushed Rosie behind me.

     "Rick!" The man called out, sending chills down my spine as i bit the inside of my cheek.
"Come down here!" The man demanded in a shout, his voice was serious and deep which intimidated me.

     "We need to talk." The man continued as the lids of the tank were pushed up, two people emerged holding guns as people got out of their cars, not a single one unarmed.

     "It's not up to me!" Rick responded, his voice loud and dominant making me almost jump back.

     "Who is that?" I question Carl who stood next to me, he turned to face me, a look of fear on his face I had never seen before.

     "It's the governor." He whispers back before turning his attention back to the 'governor.'

     "There's a council now. They run this place." Rick shouts to the governor, his tone giving the impression this was not their first meeting, lets just hope it would be their last.

     Just two minutes ago I was reading stories to Rosie, now im out here facing a group of people armed to kill.

"Is Hershel on the council?" The governor questions Rick, my heart dropping into my feet as a brunette woman pulls a handcuffed Hershel out of a red car, i looked over to Maggie and Beth who looked simply horrified. Maggies hand covering her trembling mouth.

"What about Michonne?" He questions Rick again, his voice cold and stern signifying he wasn't afraid to hurt them.

My heart somehow dropped deeper as a man in a gray shirt dragged a struggling Michonne out of a separate car, dropping her on her knees next to a knelt down Hershel.