Best friends in love -Newt x Reader-

Summary: Yn and Newt are best friends but their friends are sure that there's something between each other... maybe they're not wrong at all.

YN's POV
I felt good. For some reason, that day I was in a good mood. I woke up without the usual headache that I had the mornings after bonfires, Frypan made my favourite breakfast and the weather was great, it was hot but with a breeze that made it the perfect temperature.
But the reason why I was happy today was not the food or the weather, it was him. The gorgeous blonde boy whom I call my best friend. Newt.

When I first came here, about two years ago, I woke up without any memories of my past life, where I was... Hell, I didn't even remember my name. But, when the doors of the box opened and the brown-eyed boy smiled at me, It seemed like everything would be ok. Well, not exactly like that. I did freak out and I also threatened Alby and Newt (the only gladers that were there at the moment) with a machete I had found in the box. But, after Newt calmed me down and showed me around, I put my guard down and decided to trust him. We became fast friends and, soon, I began falling for him.

It was no secret that we were attracted to each other. At that point I was sure that every boy in the glade shipped us, at least that's what Minho said. He, of course, was our number one shipper.
But what nobody knew (or at least that's what I thought), was that I had fallen completely in love with him. The way he made me smile when I was felling down, the way his eyes would light up when he talked about something he found exiting, or how he called me "love" everytime he could. The others teased him about it, I knew it, telling him that he was whipped; but I found it completely adorable and sweet. Just like him.

     So that day, when I got out of the homestead, the first thing that I saw was Newt walking over to me with a big smile on his face. We talked for a bit before going to breakfast together. Well, that was until Newt was called by Alby. Being second in command, he had a lot of privileges, but he would never get a moment of peace.
I walked to breakfast by myself with a big grin plastered on my face. I greeted Frypan and took my food.

-Hey, Fry!- I smiled at him.
-Hi, shebean! How's it going? Why so happy today?- -Well why not?- He looked at me with a knowing smirk -It's because of him isn't?- -What? No... It has nothing to do with Newt!- His smile widened -Then how did you know I was talking about Newt?- -Well I..  oh shut up!- I took my plate and sat down on a table with all my friends, meaning most of the keepers and a few others like Jeff and Ben.
-Hey, guys!- I smiled at them and sat down besides Minho and in front of Clint.
-Hi, Yn!- -Ynn- -Hey, she bean- They all greeted me.
We started eating our food in a comfortable silence when, suddenly , Minho looked up from his food and looked at me.
-So... why so happy today, she bean?- He smirked at me. I looked at him and then at everyone around the table who were all looking at me.
-Well, why not be happy?- -That's exactly what you said to me a minute ago, Ynn! Why can't you admit it!?- Frypan said as he sat up in my other side after serving the last boy from the line.
-Admit what?- Jeff, who was beside Clint, asked.
-Isn't it obvious?- Minho shared a devil smirk why Frypan.
-Minho, shut up...- I glared at him. Minho was, apart from Frypan, the only one who knew about my crush on Newt. The difference was that, while Frypan had found out on his own and I hadn't ever confirmed it to him, Minho did have my word. I had told him, on a bonfire night when I was kinda drunk, that I had a crush on the blonde British guy. The next morning, I didn't remember anything, but Minho didn't let it slip and hasn't stopped teasing me since then.

Minho smirked and looked back at our friends. -I think our little Yn... it's been thinking of someone- -Ok, that's enough!- they all looked at me smiling and laughing. -I'm not joking! I'm not extra happy today and, if I was, it wouldn't be because of Newt, alright?- They all smirked so wide that I thought that their mouths would fall off.
-Then how did you know we were talking about him?- Minho snickered.
-Because you're ALWAYS talking about him- I sighed and chuckled under my breath. -It almost seems like you're the ones that have a crush on him.
-So you do have a crush on him...- I glared at Ben.
-I never said that... - -You actually did- -You said that...- And they never stopped teasing me. Not until I decided to get up and start cleaning my plate.
-You know what? I'm tired of this. I'm going to leave.- -Leaving already, love?- A British voice said behind me.
I turned around and smiled at Alby and Newt.
-Yes, actually- -It's a shame. I was hopping you were waiting for me.- Alby stood beside Jeff and chuckled at Newt's statement. Newt fake pouted so I laughed and took my plate. -I always wait for you. But you're a slow shank, you know that, Newt?- He laughed and I went to walk away but he grabbed my wrist.
-I love hearing you say my name, you know, Yn?- He whispered in my hear and I giggled. He smiled at my reaction. -It's an ego bust isn't it, Newt...?- I whispered back in a flirty voice. He smiled and whispered again in my ear.
-Meet me in the dead heads tonight after dinner- I looked at him smiling -Why?- He separated a little bit from me and sat down. -Just do it- He smiled at me and I couldn't help but to smile back.
-Ok, stop with the flirting already, you're making us feel single- Minho said dramatically. -Yn, could you go organise the supplies we got this week? They are in the med hut.- Clint asked me -Oh, Newt, I need you to do some work in the homestead- Alby looked at Newt. The blonde and I looked at each other as I was sure neither of us could wait for our meeting in the deadheads. -Actually we..- We said at the same time but Alby gave Newt an <<I'm not in the mood for this>> look, so we sighed and I ruffled Newts hair.