The Black Mystery

Start from the beginning

Harry turned and raced a Bludger toward the goalposts; he outstripped it easily, saw the Snitch dart out from behind Diggory, and within ten seconds had caught it tightly in his hand. The team cheered madly. Harry let the Snitch go again, gave it a minute's head start, then tore after it, weaving in and out of the others; he spotted it lurking near Aishi's head, looped her easily, and caught it again. then when Aishi worked with both Cedric and Angela on some chaser tricks, she was fast and amazing not missing any shots. It was the best practice ever; the team, inspired by the presence of the Firebolts in their midst, performed their best moves faultlessly, and by the time they hit the ground again, diggory didn't have a single criticism to say just amazement.

"I can't see what's going to stop us tomorrow!" said Diggory. "Not unless — Harry...Aishi, you've sorted out your dementor problem, haven't you?" "Yeah," said Harry "The dementors won't turn up again, Cedric. Percy'd go ballistic," said Adam confidently. "Well, let's hope not," said Cedric. "Anyway — good work, everyone. Let's get back to the room . . . turn in early —" "I'm staying out for a bit; Ron and Draco want a go on the Firebolts," Harry told Cedric, and while the rest of the team headed off to the locker rooms, Harry and Aishi strode over to Ron and Draco, who vaulted the barrier to the stands and came to meet him. Madam Hooch had fallen asleep in her seat.

"Here you go," said Harry, handing Ron the Firebolt and Aishi gave Draco her Firebolt. Ron and Draco, both having an expression of ecstasy on their faces, mounted the brooms and zoomed off into the gathering darkness while Harry walked around the edge of the field, watching him.

"I will have to go change first, " Aishi said heading to the locker room to change as the night had fallen. She was putting her hair into a ponytail when glancing to her left, saw something that made his heart turn over — a pair of eyes, gleaming out of the darkness. She ran out and towards the eyes  till someone grabbed her arm. " aishi...where are you going ?" Draco said holding her broomstick "What's the matter?" 

Aishi pointed. Draco pulled out his wand and muttered, "Lumos!" A beam of light fell across the grass, hit the bottom of a tree, and illuminated its branches; there, crouching among the budding leaves, was Crookshanks. "oh it's Hermoine's cat. To be fair he looks ugly" Draco said "Well he did scare me...come here Crookshanks" Aishi said picking up the cat in her arms as it purred enjoying the scratches 

"come on... let's go before your boyfriend Harry gets panicking " Aishi didn't say anything. She took a deep breath as relief seeped through her; she had been sure for a moment that those eyes had belonged to the Grim. Harry was relieved seeing her but Ron was anger to why she was holding the murdered cat. But Harry's monstrous dark gaze warned him not to say anything to upset Aishi as she let go of Crookshanks who ran up to the Gryffindor common room.

Harry and Aishi went down to breakfast the next morning with the rest of the boys in his dormitory, all of whom seemed to think the Firebolt deserved a sort of guard of honor they also did it with Aishi who was nervously chuckling. As Harry entered the Great Hall, heads turned in the direction of the Firebolt, and there was a good deal of excited muttering. Harry saw, with enormous satisfaction, that the Slytherin team was all looking thunderstruck except for Draco who gave a thumbs up. 

"Did you see his face?" said Ron gleefully, looking back at Pucey. "He can't believe it! This is brilliant!" Cedric, too, was basking in the reflected glory of the Firebolt. "Put it here, Harry and Aishi," he said, laying the brooms in the middle of the table and carefully turning it so that its name faced upward. People from the Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Gryffindor tables were soon coming over to look.

Oliver Wood came over to congratulate Harry and Aishi on having acquired such a superb replacement for his Nimbus, and Percy Weasley's Ravenclaw girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater, asked if she could hold the Firebolt. "Now, now, Penny, no sabotage!" said Percy heartily as she examined the Firebolt closely. "Penelope and I have got a bet on," he told the team. "Ten Galleons on the outcome of the match!"