Voice in the walls

Don't be a silent reader

Harry spent a lot of time over the next few days dodging out of sight whenever he saw Gilderoy Lockhart coming down a corridor, Percy had better luck avoiding him since a certain trickster created bad luck for the fancy man who tried to go after her. Harry even teamed up with Krishna to make the teacher's outfits all emo looking that Krishna led classes for a week as Lockhart cried for his ruined wardrobe. 

Harder to avoid was Colin Creevey, who seemed to have memorized Harry's schedule. Nothing seemed to give Colin a bigger thrill than to say, „All right, Harry?" six or seven times a day and hear, „Hello, Colin," back, however exasperated Harry sounded when he said it.  Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms and hitting tiny old Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes, creating a large, throbbing green boil where it had struck. Aishi has been writing something in a notebook that looked newly bought a few times a week.

So with one thing and another, Harry was quite glad to reach the weekend. He, Aishi, Draco, Ron, and Hermione were planning to visit Hagrid on Saturday morning. Harry, however, was shaken awake several hours earlier than he would have liked by Cedric Diggory, Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team „Whassamatter?" said Harry groggily.

„Quidditch practice!" said Cedric. „Come on!" Harry squinted at the window. There was a thin mist hanging across the pink-and-gold sky. Now that he was awake, he couldn't understand how he could have slept through the racket the birds were making.

„Cedric," Harry croaked. „It's the crack of dawn." „Exactly, It's part of our new training program. Come on, grab your broom, and let's go," said Diggory heartily. „None of the other teams have started training yet; we're going to be first off the mark this year— "

Yawning and shivering slightly, Harry climbed out of bed and tried to find his Quidditch robes.
„Good man," said Diggory. „Meet you on the field in fifteen minutes." When he'd found his yellow team robes and pulled on his cloak for warmth, Harry scribbled a note to Aishi explaining where he'd gone and went down the spiral staircase to the common room, his Nimbus Two Thousand on his shoulder after giving the note to a girl who was awake at the moment

The rest of the team was already in the changing room. Diggory was the only person who looked truly awake. Adam White and Alex Peralta were sitting, puffy-eyed and tousle-haired, next to fourth-year Holmes, who seemed to be nodding off against the wall behind her. Her fellow Chaser and the keeper were yawning side by side opposite them.

„There you are, Harry, what kept you?" said Diggory briskly. „Now, I wanted a quick talk with you all before we actually get onto the field, because I spent a bit of the summer devising a whole new training program, which I really think will make all the difference..."

Wood was holding up a large diagram of a Quidditch field, on which were drawn many lines, arrows, and crosses in different-colored inks. He took out his wand, tapped the board, and the arrows began to wiggle over the diagram like caterpillars. As Wood launched into a speech about his new tactics, Adam White's head drooped right onto Holmes's shoulder and he began to snore.

The first board took nearly twenty minutes to explain, but there was another board under that, and a third under that one. Harry sank into a stupor as Wood droned on and on.

„So," said Diggory, at long last, jerking Harry from a wistful fantasy about what he could be eating for breakfast at this very moment up at the castle. „Is that clear? Any questions?"

„I've got a question, Ced," said Alex, who had woken with a start. „Why couldn't you have told us all this yesterday when we were awake?"

„I forgot......Now, listen here, you lot," he said, „We should have won the Quidditch cup last year. We're easily the best team. But unfortunately—owing to circumstances beyond our control—" Harry shifted guiltily in his seat. He had been unconscious in the hospital wing for the final match of the previous year, meaning that Hufflepuff had been a player short and had suffered their worst defeat in three hundred years.