Train to Hogwarts

Don't be a silent reader send comments

Harry looks at percy who nods and then shakes his head and the boy sits down. He glanced at Harry and percy then looked quickly out of the window, pretending he hadn't looked. Percy saw he still had a black mark on his nose. "Hey, Ron." The twins were back. "Listen, we're going down the middle of the train -- Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there." "Right," mumbled Ron. "Harry," said the other twin, "did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother, and....you are, miss?" Percy smiled as she introduced " Percy, Percy Jackson your new professor and this boy's mother...Have fun boys."

"See you later, then." Geroge said a bit red and dragged his brother away who was scarlet "Bye," said Harry and Ron. The twins slid the compartment door shut behind them. "Are you Harry Potter?" Ron blurted out.

Harry nodded. "Oh -well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George's jokes," said Ron. "And have you got -- you know..." He pointed at Harry's forehead. Harry pulled back his bangs to show the lightning scar. Ron stared. "So that's where You-Know-Who" "Yes," said Harry, "but I can't remember it." "Nothing?" said Ron eagerly.

"As much as you are curious it's not polite to stare and ask something on a deep topic unless they are ready to share," Percy said "Sorry professor," Ron said "It's fine. You were just curious"

"Are all your family wizards?" asked Harry, "Er -- Yes, I think so," said Ron. "I think Mom's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him." "So you must know loads of magic already."

"I heard you went to live with Muggles," said Ron curious about percy "Not actually, my mum here rescued me from my horrible aunt and uncle when I was 4. She is my birth mother's cousin and my godmother. She raised me with her friends and parents so I see her as my mother. " Harry said, " So you have three brothers?"

"Five," said Ron. For some reason, he was looking gloomy. "I'm the sixth in our family to go to Hogwarts. You could say I've got a lot to live up to. Bill and Charlie have already left -- Bill was head boy and Charlie was captain of Quidditch. Now Percy's a prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others, but if I do, it's no big deal, because they did it first. You never get anything new, either, with five brothers. I've got Bill's old robes, Charlie's old wand, and Percy's old rat." Ron reached inside his jacket and pulled out a fat grey rat, which was asleep. "His name's Scabbers and he's useless, he hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a prefect, but they couldn't aff-- I mean, I got Scabbers instead." Ron's ears went pink.

Percy frowned hearing the old wand and spoke " That is dangerous for you to have an old wand of someone else. It will not work for you. You need to have your wand."

"We are a bit tight on money. It's fine" Ron said getting embarrassed " No it's not...tell you what. This weekend I will take you to Ollivanders and get you your wand free of charge. "

Ron blushed and thanked percy. Harry smiled but slightly glared with all the people blushing at his mum but talked to Ron.

"........about my parents or Voldemort," Ron gasped. "What?" said Harry. "You said You-Know-Who's name!" said Ron, sounding both shocked and impressed. "I'd have thought you, of all people --" "I'm not trying to be brave or anything, saying the name," said Harry, " I just never knew you shouldn't. See what I mean? I've got loads to learn... I bet," he added.

While they had been talking also to percy, the train had carried them out of London. Now they were speeding past fields full of cows and sheep. They were quiet for a time, watching the fields and lanes flick past. Around half past twelve, there was a great clattering outside in the corridor and a smiling, dimpled woman slid back their door and said, "Anything off the cart, dears?" Harry, leapt to his feet, but Ron's ears went pink again and he muttered that he'd brought sandwiches. Percy told Harry to stay and she went out into the corridor. She had never had any wizard candy so she was curious. What she had were Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and Chocolate Frogs. Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands, and some other strange things that she bought few of everything and paid the woman eleven silver Sickles and seven bronze Knuts.