☆ epilogue ☆

~three years later~

"You may now kiss the bride!" The famous words were uttered, and I felt my soul soar as I watched my little sister marry the love of her life. Juleka had been grown up for some time, but this was one of those moments that I really started to see it. She and Rose looked fucking amazing, and I couldn't help but think back to hanging out with the two of them in high school. Of course, it wasn't just the three of us. Naturally Y/N was always there right next to me, much like she now sat beside me watching some of her best friends get married. I turned to watch her as she smiled, her eyes holding that same sparkle she always had. She always said I was perfect for pictures, but looking at her, I realized she was too.

It had been three years since we started dating, and those three years were the best of my life. I don't know what I did to deserve her, but I knew I would never take her light for granted. She's always there for me, cheering me on and listening when I need it and making sure I never forget that I am loved. I get to watch as her work is put on display in museums all across the world. I get to come home to our apartment every day and watch cheesy movies with her. I get to show her off at every show I play, whether it be through the music I wrote or by literally dragging her on-stage for a kiss between songs. I get to laugh with her and hold her and it's fucking amazing.

"--isn't it?" Y/N's whisper broke my thoughts as I caught the tail end of her sentence.

"Hmm?" I hummed, blinking to refocus myself. Y/N giggled at me, shaking her head.

"I said– It's so lovely that they get to spend the rest of forever together now, isn't it?" Y/N repeated, still hushed as she faced forward, beaming at the now married Juleka and Rose. The corners of her eyes wrinkled as she smiled. I took her hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Yeah, it really is." I turned to face the newlyweds as well, a small smile on my face.

I knew in that moment just how much I wanted that– the forever of it all. I wanted to fly all over the world to see her work displayed and watch cheesy movies and show her off and hold her and laugh and love forever.

As the wedding began to move inside for the party, I remained seated with Y/N. I reached into my pocket and closed my hand around the small box, my thumb rubbing it in circles. As soon as we got home from the wedding, I was going to get down on one knee and ask her for forever. I couldn't wait for it to start.

"You ready?" Y/N asked, tilting her head towards the building everyone had now flocked to for dancing and drinking. She held out her hand to help me up.

"Absolutely." I got up and took her hand.

I'm so ready.

(A/N: And that's a wrap! Let me know what you think!)