☆ chapter thirty ☆

(LUKA'S POV)

I didn't sleep much that night. Every goddamn time I closed my eyes, I could see Lila's text hanging over me. When everyone woke in the morning, I pretended like I had just woken up too and joined everyone for breakfast. I tried to keep up with the conversation, but all I could think about was what I would do if everyone else at the table got a notification too.

After an eternity, we finally packed up our things as we all left Adrien's house one by one. I walked home alone and raced to my room as soon as I arrived, slamming the door and flopping on my bed. I pulled out my phone and opened up the text from Lila again.

(maybe: Lila Rossi): 12 hours. Call me.

After the message she had attached a quite incriminating photo of Y/N and I in my dressing room from a few days ago. It was taken through a small dingy window, but it was clear what was happening, and that it was us. I didn't know what her plan was, but I was confident that a photo of a shirtless Y/N with my head between her legs was not a good thing in the hands of Lila Rossi.

I assumed Lila's message meant that I needed to call her before 12 hours had passed, and I was nearing that deadline. Hastily, I clicked the call button on her suggested contact.

She picked up after three rings.

"Took you long enough." Lila said in a sickeningly sweet voice. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to call me."

"What do you want, Lila?" I said through gritted teeth, ignoring her.

"Always so formal with you, Luka." She tsked.

"What do you want, Lila?" I repeated.

"Fine fine fine." Lila sighed through the phone. "I'm here to give you two choices. You can either leave your silly little band and come play for the Myths," She paused, "or my photos go up first thing tomorrow morning." As she spoke, I could feel my heart stop.

"Photos? Plural?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"Oh, yes." I could practically hear the smirk on her face. "I've got so many to choose from– and so many fun location choices!" She said excitedly. "Dressing room, Agreste Manor, bedroom, car– it's just too many options!" She teased. I was starting to feel sick. "So why not use them all, hmm?"

"Lila– what the fuck–"

"I don't think your adoring fans will be too pleased to see these, do you?" Lila mocked. "Luka Couffaine has a girlfriend? And she's as slutty as they come! I can see the headlines now!" She laughed.

"Hey, wait– don't call her that–"

"Oh, I know she isn't. I mean– if given the chance...I'd do the very same." Lila flirted, making my stomach turn. "But you know how it can be with the fans. It would be a shame to see it happen like this again..." She faked pity. I thought of all my past relationships– how they had been torn apart by jealousy and drama that festered online the second the fans got word of the possible existence of a girlfriend. To be fair, the relationships were doomed from the start due to the lack of Y/N, but they ended so horribly. Every once in a while I still come across active hate pages for my exes, and I couldn't bear the thought of seeing one of those dedicated to Y/N. And god, in the past it only took a simple picture of us out together to start the war, but with this– Y/N would be crucified. But she would be crucified alone, and that was the worst part.

"Lila– this is going too fucking far." I tried not to yell.

"Boohoo." Lila mocked. "Don't care."