☆ chapter twenty two ☆

(LUKA'S POV)

Weeks passed by and I had dream after dream. They weren't all like that, but she was an ever present force in every single one. It was like my brain was screaming at me to stop ignoring my feelings for her. Even in the light of day, it was like some kind of spark was ignited.

We were in the park, going about our usual routine as Y/N sat in the grass sketching while I fooled around on my skateboard. She was only half looking at her sketchbook, and kept her eyes on her surroundings. She took in the grass and the sun in between playful cheers when I was able to pull off a measly trick. I wasn't that good at skateboarding.

Sure enough, it didn't take very long before I fell on my face. It wasn't too bad of a fall, but I could feel a couple of scrapes beginning to bleed.

"Shit." I looked over to Y/N as I stood up. She set her sketchbook down and began to get up, looking half concerned, half amused. I waved her off to gesture to her that she didn't need to come over.

"Wow, Lu. You're a regular Vincent Milou, you are." Y/N tried not to laugh at me as I walked back over to her, my knee looking pretty busted. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Just a couple of scrapes." I shrugged. Y/N shoved her things in her bag and stood up fully.

"You're bleeding." Her brows furrowed ever so slightly as she met my eyes, forming a look of concentration she often sported. "C'mon, let's get you fixed up."

Back at her place, she was quick to start cleaning up my cuts. She took a wet cloth to dab the raw skin and clean the area. As she finished putting ointment on my knee, her eyes flickered up to meet mine. She slowly reached her hand up to touch my eyebrow– right next to the largest cut. Since I had fallen on my face (rip), I guess that spot took most of the blow. It didn't really hurt, but I couldn't complain as Y/N cleaned it with the wet cloth.

I could feel her breath dance lightly on my cheek as she spread more ointment on the cut. The air was thick as I felt myself become very aware of how slowly she seemed to be working, and how achingly close her lips were to mine. She had them parted ever so slightly. When she finally drew back, her eyes flickered down to mine, and then a bit down, and then back up to meet my eyes again.

After what felt like an eternity, she drew in a short, staggered breath before breaking eye contact and backing away. The thickness in the air lifted, and just like that, everything was back to normal.

"All better, yeah?" Y/N hung the cloth on the kitchen faucet and washed her hands.

"All better." I sighed. "Thank you."

"No problem." Y/N chuckled. "Just try to be a better skater next time."

"I'm an excellent skater. A regular Vincent Milou."

"Yeah, yeah." Y/N sat down next to me and reached into her bag. "Can I draw you?"

"What?" I nearly laughed.

"Can I draw you?" She repeated. "I've got this mixed media project due next week and once again, I've found myself without any inspiration. I need you. You're my muse, Lu." She said the last bit jokingly, but her words stuck with me. I felt my face getting hot.

"Uh, sure." I cleared my throat. "Anything for you. You want me to pose?" I raised an eyebrow at her. She shook her head.

"No, no. Just talk to me."

(Y/N'S POV)

After Luka wiped out while skating, we headed back to my place to get him cleaned up. After I helped clean his scrapes, my mind wandered back to my big problem: this fucking mixed media assignment. In the park, I had been trying to get some inspiration from nature or something, but all my ideas fell flat as soon as they were put to paper. I knew I wanted a drawing element in my project, and that it would work really well with some photographic elements. But beyond that, I was lost. That is, until I remembered who got me out of every creative block I've ever had.

~perfect for pictures~ (luka couffaine x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें