☆ chapter thirteen ☆

(LUKA'S POV)

~two days later~

I spent god knows how long staring at the door, reaching out for the handle and drawing back over and over again. Adrien's advice was weighing me down like a sack of bricks. I knew he was right, but that didn't make me feel more inclined to be all buddy-buddy with Isaac. I guess hanging out with him and Y/N didn't seem like such a bad idea– I could just ignore Isaac. I kicked the base of the door with my boots in frustration, feeling much like Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's Day off– sitting in his car, debating whether or not to go participate in Ferris' antics. But then I recalled what Ferris said; 'Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.'

I did not want to be Cameron Frye.

And so out the door I went. Feeling particularly procrastinatious (A/N: If I may make up a word), I walked to Y/N's apartment. The walk wasn't a wildly long one, but it was long enough that taking a car might make more sense. However, the walk only bought me so much time, and I eventually found myself at Y/N's door. After much consideration, I rang the doorbell and Y/N opened the door within seconds.

"Luka!" She gave me zero time to process anything before jumping into a bear hug.

"Hi Y/N." I smiled as she pulled away.

"Hi. Come in!" She moved into the apartment and I followed her.

"Hey Luka." Isaac called from the couch, where he sat with a paused Mario Kart screen. I nodded to him.

"That was such a cool guy nod." Y/N mocked me.

"I can't catch a break, can I?" I rolled my eyes.

"Absolutely not." Y/N stated like it was an obvious fact. I threw my hands up in surrender. "So what brings you to my humble abode?" She hoisted herself onto the counter, dangling her legs.

"I was wondering what you two had planned for today, actually."

"Nothing, really. Why?" Y/N asked. Isaac got up from the couch to join the conversation.

"I dunno, I just thought maybe we could hang out. Y'know, go somewhere and show Isaac the area." I turned to Isaac, abandoning my plan to ignore him and looking for his thoughts on the idea.

"Not one, but two tour guides? I'm a lucky man!" Isaac said overenthusiastically. "That sounds great." He added, speaking more genuinely.

"Fantastic. Now, Isaac, go sit in the other room while the council decides on where to take you." Y/N pushed him into the study and shut the door. She turned to me. "So. Ideas?"

"I was thinking we could hit the Musée des Arts Forains." I suggested.

"Oh my god, he'd love that. We should take him somewhere outside too."

"Parc Monceau?" I added, knowing Y/N was endlessly in love with it. As expected, she began to make excited noises akin to those of a happy dog.

"Thank you! You beautiful, beautiful man! Bless your beautiful soul." She placed her hands on my shoulders and shook me lightly.

"Can I come out now?" Isaac called from the study.

"Yes, yes. The council has decided." Y/N squealed with leftover excitement.

"And what has the council decreed?" Isaac asked as he came out of the room.

"All in good time." Y/N pointed a finger at Isaac.

~timeskip, at Parc Monceau~

"I feel like Ophelia," Isaac mused as we wandered through the grassy park near the pond. Temple ruins curved along the water, covered in vines and wildflowers. "Like a creature native and endued unto that element." He quoted Hamlet, referring to Ophelia's hauntingly beautiful death.

~perfect for pictures~ (luka couffaine x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें