☆ chapter twenty five ☆

(LUKA'S POV)

~the concert~

For just a moment, the roar of the crowd faded away to nothing but white noise. As I stood on stage– lights off and nerves high, I relished in a second of near silence. But only a second, for the crowd was calling me.

(Collar Full): The electronic beats of our first song began to play as stage lights blinked in sync, illuminating the band ever so slightly. As I began to sing, the stage slowly lit up a blue hue.

We've waited so damn long

We're sick and tired

I won't leave any doubt, or stone unturned

I've got a collar full of chemistry from your company

So maybe tonight I'll be the libertine

Ivan's drums and Juleka's bass built up to the chorus as I prepared to burst out with the energy that was buzzing in my veins. The last beat before the lyrics came back in hit as I jumped in the air.

Oh, show me your love, your love

Give me more but it's not enough

The crowd went absolutely wild, jumping up and down with an energy I had never seen at one of our shows. I couldn't help but grin as I sang.

Show me your love, your love

Before the world catches up

Cause there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know

I sucked in a short breath before belting out the last line of the chorus, preparing for vulnerability.

If you're gonna be the death of me that's how I wanna go

As we played on, I felt myself getting once again lost in the music. I realized that if I was going to make it through tonight, I would have to be okay with vulnerability. Collar Full was maybe the mildest of it all, and it was time to strap in.

By the end of the song, I had made my peace with my anxieties and was able to take in the crowd. Ivan's drumming filled my ears and it felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest in what I could only assume was a good way.

(Temporary Fix): Collar Full ended, and the roar of the crowd was deafening. I located Y/N, Alya, and Nino towards the front of the mass of people, which made me feel better and worse at the same time. One glance at the setlist reminded me that I was about to jump into the deep end, and with confirmation that Y/N's eyes were on me, I began to have second thoughts. But the middle of a set is not exactly the time and place to be having second thoughts, so I did my best to stop overthinking it.

"Hey hey hey!" I spoke into the microphone. The audience roared back. "How are we all doing tonight? Good? Wonderful." I glanced over at Y/N, habitually looking for a calming presence in her. "You look lovely tonight." I nearly spoke directly to her, but I played it off as flirting with the crowd as a whole. "We're so happy to be here, and I could really go on and on about being thankful and whatnot but you all don't want to hear me talk." The crowd protested in playful dissent. "Well, if I did that, you wouldn't get to hear any of that sweet sweet music from Ivan, Juleka, and Adrien– so let's jump into another song, shall we?" I took a short breath. Here goes nothing.

Saw your body language and I know how you're feeling

You look like the kinda girl who's tired of speaking