Does He Know?

"Once again, our plans have been thwarted by the young heroes," says L-1.

L-2 speaks up, activating a video screen that depicts one of the young heroes. "It seems the one responsible for the majority of thwarting our plans is this one. According to the news, his hero name is Straw Hat."

The screen zooms in on Y/N. Another screen portrays Y/N's battle with Amazo. "Such a bizarre style, he fights like nothing I've seen before," speaks L-4. "Do we know anything else about him?"

"Other than he has the ability to manipulate his body like rubber and possibly has fire manipulation, we know nothing about him," says L-3.

"That is not entirely true," says L-2. "I believe that this young hero hasn't been a hero for long. He showed up out of nowhere in Stars City a few months ago. Who knows his real motives."

L-1 would remain silent on the whole situation, knowing more on the topic than the others could imagine.

Stars City, August 16th

Y/N was currently in Stars City, having decided to survey the city. He was hanging upside down on a light pole, processing the past week. Having decided to accept Black Canary's offer to become her "Sidekick," they had not really done much since.

Canary had called Y/N and discussed some topics over the week, one being that Batman wanted Martian Manhunter to try and help fix Y/N's amnesia. Having declined the offer without a second's thought, Black Canary, in turn, respected Y/N's wishes and managed to convince Batman that she wouldn't go along with the idea to forcefully go through Y/N's mind. Truthfully, though, Y/N could only wonder if he had declined the offer to become Black Canary's sidekick, would he still have gotten the same treatment. Y/N did wonder if Martian Manhunter could really help him; he also did want to know about his past, but just like all the times before in combat, his body instinctively did not want him to go through with it. Trying not to dwell on the topic much longer, Y/N would flip off the pole he was hanging from downwards and stretch his arms, swinging off into the city.

Stars City, August 16th, 4:22 pm

A ringing sound causes Rex to look up from the counter of the rather empty food store. The sixteen-year-old boy watches as a young-looking hero enters into his family shop wearing a straw hat. It is a boy that he recognizes from the news and all the talk over at his school. Rex raises an eyebrow before speaking in an excited manner.

"Welcome to Big Belly Burger!" Rex says before questioning why someone like this would be at the store, "Do you need help with something?" Rex asks, confused.

Y/N looks at the older boy before smiling and stating to him, "I'm hungry."

Rex would usually scowl and go back to whatever he was doing if any other customer said that to him. This was not any other customer, Rex, surprised by the turn of events this boring day of his lead to decided to pounce at the opportunity.

"We have a free challenge here at our shop. Whoever manages to eat the most burgers within 30 minutes gets their name and picture taken on the wall, and the meal is free," Rex told the hero in front of him.

Y/N stares at Rex before asking, "When do we start?"

Thirty Minutes Later

"732 burgers in 30 minutes?" Rex was standing shocked after watching Y/N devour all the food in such a short time frame.

"That was such a great snack!" replies Y/N. Y/N, before getting ready to leave, went into his pockets giving Rex three-hundred dollars. Rex stared, wondering what the money was for.