“Jordan. Her crush.” He chuckles, bringing his hand forward.

If I could, I would just disappear into thin air right now. Why does he have to embarrass me each time? The crush thing was personal to me and he's going around spreading the information like it's public knowledge.

My cheeks flush and Reign's face turns more furious than it was a few seconds ago. Jordan doesn't mind his glare though. For him he's just a kid but he doesn't know that's the heir to the North American Mafia’s throne.

“Reign. Her boyfriend.” Reign shakes his hand.

My eyes widen at his words. I thought I've already reached the peaks of my embarrassment but the guys here had bigger plans than I expected.

“What?” Jordan asks me, sounding offended.

“What’s so surprising? Two people with just months’ gap can very well date. It’s legal and appropriate.” Reign shrugs.

Jordan looks at me with such rage that I nearly shrink under his gaze. “He's kidding. He’s not my boyfriend.” I mumble.

No matter how much I want Jordan to stay away from me, making a fake boyfriend isn't a good idea. And Reign shouldn't have made such a sick statement in the first place.

“So I thought.” He says and pats my head in approval.

Reign eyes drift between the two of us but he stays silent. I can feel the anger radiating from him but he doesn't have any prove to be sure if there's anything suspicious about our interaction.

“How did you know I was… you know… that I was gonna be here…” I ask hesitantly. I didn't want Reign to think Jordan was a creep. It might not end well.

“Josh told me so I decided to hop here and say hi.”

He says it so casually that anyone who hears him won't think there's anything inappropriate going on here. And Jordan has always been the type of guy that everyone trusts. He has that charm.

“Oh.” I didn't know what else to say.

I couldn't be mad at Josh for talking about me with Jordan because he still thinks that we’re on the same terms as we used to be in front of everyone —good friends.

“Look at you baking and all like a big girl, hmm?” He jokes and effortlessly changes the subject.

“I joined last week.” I replied awkwardly.

“Your brother must be waiting, Addy. Don't you think we should go?” Reign urges.

For the first time I'm glad for his presence. “Yes. I gotta go, Jordan. See you some other day.”

I hurried to move past him but he held my wrist and pulled me back. “Give me your number.”

His voice was authoritative. It was like he thought my personal information was his right. He didn't even try being polite about it. It felt like he wouldn't let me go until I do as told.

“Um… okay, it's…” I gave him my number.

The only catch was, it was the old one. Lucius had canceled it since Marcus' call.

The reason I didn't give him a fake number was so he wouldn't hold me accountable if we came face to face again. I didn't want to get on his bad side.

For some reason I was scared he would tell everyone about our past if I pissed him off.

He types the number and pockets his phone again. “I'll call you tonight. By the way, Josh said he doesn't have your new number and you use landline. Your phone bill must be sick considering you guys talk for hours.”