"Here," Asra mumbled, coming up behind me.

I turned expectantly, only to be surprised when he handed me a small velvet box. Raising an eyebrow suspiciously at him, I found him now fully dressed. He buttoned his shirt and wore a black suit jacket over it. There was no tie, and the top neck button was undone, but I didn't comment on his lack of formality.

Humming, I pried the box open to look inside. Laying on a red velvet cushion, was a silver bracelet. It wasn't too thick and felt weighted enough that I could feel it in my hand when I pulled it out. There was nothing fancy to it, just a simple hook fastening.

"It's pure silver, a little protection." Asra smiled tensely.

"It's lovely, thank you." I mumbled, taking his outstretched hand.

He grinned, taking the bracelet from my grip to wrap around my wrist. His thick thumbs fumbled with the clasp, but he got it on in one go.

"If it's silver, why can you touch it then?" I mused.

His eyes twinkled with mischief. "I am... special."

I laughed, my head falling back with amusement. "Okay then, Mister special, thank you."

"Ready?" Asra wondered, smirking.

"As ever," I breathed.

I bid Serenity my goodbyes in the hallway and heard her footsteps retreat to her own room. She could not attend unless working, so she was going to spend the night in her room. I took a moment to be grateful that Asra assigned Serenity. Her softer nature was more comforting than someone like Mya. As much as I loved the girl, she could be loud, and I was way too nervous to cope.

We descended the staircase and left the house with thanks to the butlers holding the door. Apparently, the grand room was a building of its own, and they set it further back in the village. Asra tried to make us take the car, but I had spent enough of my time inside death-boxes today that I suggested we should walk.

I took in the picturesque surroundings, admiring the cobblestones paths and old buildings. The entire pack screamed old money and history, with hidden wealth and history in every piece of cement and mortar. I kept my arm looped through Asra's as we slowly walked in peace past various houses. When I caught sight of the ballroom, all the nerves from the past few days came swirling back to me.

I hesitated in my steps a hundred yards from the entryway, and Asra pulled us to a stop. It was like fear paralysed me, and I stared up at the double doors with wide eyes. Asra grumbled, taking my cheek in his palm and turning me to face him. I blinked up at his dark eyes, taking in how well they glittered under the evening's glow. The sun was just going down and cast shadows across his already terrifying, and yet so handsome, face.

"You look beautiful," Asra murmured.

"That's not what I am worried about." I replied quietly.

He breathed a laugh, kissing my nose. "There is nothing to worry about. You're with me."

I fought back the eye roll, chewing my lip with frustration. Asra grumbled, forcing my lower lip away from my teeth with a frown.

"Stop," He muttered. "You are beautiful, strong, incredible, funny, smart, witty... You are a luna, my luna, and you are meant to be here, Tulip."

His words had the butterflies multiply like a warm spring day. "You are trying too hard to flatter me."

Asra chuckled, kissing my nose again. "Come, before they start actually staring. I have taken you to the back entrance, so there is no grand announcement and we can just sneak in."

His words had me relaxing slightly. I was worried about the potential stares and mutters as we entered the room, fearful of having all eyes on me. But Asra had thought of that and saved me that anxious embarrassment. He may be stubborn and obnoxious, but he had made me feel better purely by thinking ahead. No one had ever thought of something as simple as that for me before.

I stared at him with a soft sense of awe, but let him pull me the last few steps to the front doors. Just as the butlers opened them, I made a last-minute check of my dress and smoothed my hand down my stomach.

Nerves, please chill.

It was just a bunch of wolves. Hopefully, none of them had an appetite for human tonight...

Here we go.

******

Haaaaapy Monday!
My kids are off school for the week, have you got any plans?

Also The ball is a big one, lots of things ahead.
See you wednesday!!