"We can always tape them," she suggested.

My eyes bugged at the thought of having to rip the tape off my nipples, and despite her insistence that it wasn't that type of tape, I refused it. Stepping into the dress, I chewed on my lip as the tightness of it wrapped around my hips. I sucked in my gut and hitched it higher until it was covering my chest. Serenity was quick to take the thin straps and pull them higher. Turning around, I gave her my back as she secured them in an elegant, swooping bow.

My hands ran down the front of the fabric and across my hips, making sure it was smooth and in place. Despite its tightness, and the soft silk of the fabric, it did not suffocate me or feel heavy. I felt like I was hardly wearing anything. The cool air on my bare back was refreshing.

"What shoes are you wearing?"

"I don't know." Frowning, I stared at my feet. "I don't like high heels, but I believe it is a courtesy..."

"Where are they? We can try them out."

"They're in their own box in the room," I muttered.

"I'll get them." She nodded.

"No, no, it's okay. I'm not hiding anything."

With a soft smile, we left the room. Serenity went first, and it gave me the perfect view of Asra's expression. He was back on his phone, and barely spared a glance at first, until he realised I was behind Serenity. His head darted back up, eyebrows raising and eyes widening. I couldn't help the smug grin that erupted on my face as he leaned forward in the bed.

"Tulip," He breathed. "That dress is..."

"I know," I smirked.

A deep grumble sounded in his chest as he turned and rose from the mattress. I had barely made it through the threshold before he was striding toward me. His eyes blazed with emotions, but I kept my spine straight as he approached. When he was inches away, his hands curled around my hips, gliding up to my waist and back down.

"This dress was a good choice." He grunted.

I giggled. "You haven't even seen the back yet."

Turning in his grip, his hands stayed where they were. The moment my bare skin was on show, they moved, trailing up my spine and to my mark. He whispered a curse and my skin rose with goosebumps as he turned me back around.

"This dress is my favourite."

"I think you would say that about every dress." I teased.

"Possibly," He grinned, bending down to kiss me softly. "Finish up and we shall go."

I nodded, stepping out of his grip to look in the mirror. I fought hard to stop the nervous-fuelled negativity as I stared at my reflection. The dark blue contrasted my pale skin wonderfully; my neck and shoulders were exposed. My makeup was soft and natural like I asked for. Despite Serenity's comments on it being a formal ball, I didn't want to be too different.

Turning, I eyed the open back and how it clung to my lower back. It was smooth, hugging my thighs before pooling at my feet. There were a few inches trailing that I knew I would trip over, so I would have to give in and at least wear a small heel.

Staring at my tightly plastered hair, I untucked a few strands to frame my face, unhappy with its sleek look. Serenity had tied it into a bun, the usual wild orange flames tamed for the night. I never often wore it so sleek and brushed back, and it made the colour look strangely darker. The spray Serenity dowsed it in probably didn't help, but I rather enjoyed the look she gave it.

Sighing softly, I turned away from the mirror to not infuriate myself further. I walked toward the shoe bag and pulled out a pair of dark heels. They were only small, barely three inches, and gave me the height I needed to not trip over.