chapter 26: back to school

Start from the beginning

I quickly open my work laptop situated on my desk and type out a quick notification that I wont be available from 9am-5pm. I shut my silver laptop close and swing my backpack over one shoulder. I check the time on my phone which is 7:10am. Bingo right on time, perfect. I leave my room and head downstairs to where I spot Adrien behind the breakfast bar preparing breakfast.

My mouth was practically already watering when I smelt the aroma.

I greet him happily "Morning Adri." He greets me back with the same enthusiasm "Morning Tash. You're up early aren'tcha?" I sit down on one of the bar stools and answer him sweetly "The excitement is keeping me up." He places a plate of raspberry waffles drenched in maple syrup infront of me and says "Eat up." with a wide smile.

"Looks delicious." I compliment him.

I think we could all agree that Adrien was the chef of the household. He is crazy talented in his culinary skills and should use them more often. "On the topic of school, when does it start? I don't want to be late on my first day." I ask Adrien. He replies with a small chuckle "Do you seriously think that you're going to walk to school?" I confusingly raise an eyebrow "Am I not?"

"Of course not silly. Xavier and Xander will drop you too." He lets out a little chuckle at my stupidity.

"Oh thank you! Do you happen to know when we would be leaving?" I ask again wanting to be as punctual as ever. "Not for around the next 50 minutes or so. The drive to school is 30 minutes and you'll have twenty minutes to get prepared for your classes which start at 8:50am." Oh damn. I am up really early.

Schools in Brazil are so nice, in the UK we start at 8 on the dot.

"Will I be walking home or will I be with Xavier and Xander too?" I ask inquisitively. "Actually, Chase volunteered to collect you from school today." Adrien mentions with a smile. "What about the twins? Will they have to walk? That doesn't seem very fair to me." Adrien chuckled at my overthinking and my outright concern for the twins.

What can I say? I didn't want them to receive unfair treatment, after all this is their home.

"No aha, they have football training on Mondays and Wednesdays and won't come home till 18:00." I nod my head to show that I understand. Adrien then proceeds to ask me "Do you wish to partake in any extracurricular activities?" "It depends." I begin. " I want to spend my spare time on my work but if the school has a track and field department, I would like to possibly check it out."

Adrien says that it is a great opportunity for me and that I should give it a go.

I might.

I have time to kill so I might aswell just chill here with Adrien. I have actually gotten used to conversing with my biological brothers. They make me feel respected and an actual human being. I then remember that I would be meeting Flynn today. After our argument earlier, I just want to apologise to him. I couldn't stand not taking to him during the weekend.

I want to remind him how appreciative I am to him and that he's one of the few people that I love like a family.

I brush my thoughts aside when I spot the Chase and Leo coming through the door. "Morning Tash!" They both greet me at the same time. "Morning!" I reply back. Chase then asks me "You excited irmã bonita (pretty sister)?" I smile at the adorable nickname that we've developed over the weekend.

I actually find it thoughtful of them to have one for me.

"I am actually." I flick him a little smile whilst he returns the gesture with a little wink. Over the course of the next few minutes the rest of my biological brothers come downstairs, Xander being the last one as usual. Everyone greets me and I politely greet them back.