Late Night Drunk Part Two

Lucifer's POV

Another shitty day for the King of Hell. It's not a surprise or anything, that my days here suck. Being King of this realm was my punishment for disobeying God. I don't regret the choices made, but it just kind of sucks that I fell so far. I kind of miss my old job. 

A long day, that's a better way to say it! I didn't have any official work to do today so I just sat in my room and worked on a new prototype for another type of duck. It would be nice to be able to create actual ducks. I had so many ideas for new species before I fell. The Mallard was the last one I made, and then Gabriel continued my studies but refused to look at my plans. Don't even get me started on that.

To reiterate, I had a normal day I guess. It wasn't terrible but I was exhausted anyway. I felt so unproductive it was actually hilarious so I sat on the floor and laughed at my creations for a while. I felt like shit after that.

 I didn't want to make dinner so I planned to go to a random bar to fill up in alcohol instead. I can't go to any old bar though, I would probably get attacked and then that would be another thing so deal with along with a stack of paperwork. So I hesitantly went to Charlie's. I waited until it was late, when I knew she was sleeping so I didn't have to pretend to be fine. I slowly went through the main door hoping she wouldn't be there and luckily she wasn't. 

It was the new worker, I had only spoken to them once but I just couldn't do it tonight. I avoided eye contact and went upstairs. I made it to my room after dragging myself up the stairs and immediately grabbed one of the blankets off the bed and laid down to rest for a minute. Of course I didn't feel any better. Charlie decorates the rooms nicely but it's still a hotel. It was still lonely and I was still hungry for alcohol, so I forced myself back out of bed again. I went down all the stairs again, dragging the end of the blanket on the floor with the rest wrapped around me.

 I made my way to the  bar in the lobby, hoping it would be unoccupied, but of course the workers who never rest! I don't mind Husk, he serves good shit and he's pretty quiet. I like the liquor here the best out of anywhere, probably because I pay for it. There was also the other worker, whose name I didn't remember.

 I said I don't mind Husk but I still didn't want to interact very much so I just laid on the lobby sofa. I pulled my blanket up around me again trying to hide from their gazes. I was just going to wait for them to leave, but I heard them shuffling and continuing to talk quietly so I just figured fuck it, and I called Husk to me. 

I know it wasn't the nicest way, snapping my fingers at him like he was a lowlife scum, but I'm the King of Hell so everyone hates me anyways, right? So yes I snapped to him softly, urging him to come to me. 

He walked over diligently, he's a good worker for someone who's forced to be here. 

"What can I get for ya tonight Boss?" he whispered to me quietly. he could probably tell I wasn't feeling fantastic.

"Something sweet and strong." I respond in a whisper as well.

I hear Husk shuffle away to get my drink when the other one speaks to him in a hushed tone. 

"Just show me which one he wants, I'll get it." 

Husk replies with a happy thank you and then calls to me to inform me that he's going to bed.

Shit.

"Okay." I reply wearily but with no open protest. 

I then hear Husk leave. I didn't want to open my eyes but I felt weight in the other end of the sofa so I had to. I looked at them with a bit of confusion? They're going to sit with me? That's different. Usually the barkeep stays near the counter and I have to signal to them for every drink. This is so nice of y/n.

741 Words :)