Kiss the Cook

Lucifer's POV:

I followed them to the kitchen, feeling like a lost puppy dog. I rarely used the kitchen anymore. The last time I had baked something was for one of Charlie's early birthdays. So a long time ago.

We began to gather ingredients, Y/N had everything memorized somehow. We had apples, butter, flour, sugar, and salt. Among other minor ingredients, we had everything we needed.

"Jeez, I didn't expect Charlie to have such a stocked pantry. I rarely see anyone in here!" Y/N commented as we gathered the last of the ingredients.

"I guess it's a good thing we never made it to the store, huh." I replied with a smile.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the refrigerator door as I shut it softly. I noticed the soft pink that rested on my face. I quickly lifted my hands and felt my warm cheeks, turning away from Y/N.

Reader POV:

"Hey, why shy away. I like looking at your face." You quickly noticed Lucifer's body language change as he shifted away from you quickly.

You couldn't help but laugh a little when he refused to turn around. He didn't speak, you only saw him violently shake his head no.

"What, why don't you want to look at me?" You teased him playfully. You had watched him blush profusely before he had turned away. You had a feeling it was your fault.

"You know, if we're gonna bake this pie, and have it taste good, I'm gonna need help.. You're gonna have to look at me if you want to help!" You grinned a little wider as you stepped towards him.

You gently placed one of your hands on his hip as you leaned over his shoulder to look at his flushed face.

"What's wrong your highness?" You teased him. "Do you want to do this another day? I understand if you're tired. You've had a long day already."

You gently set your chin on his shoulder as you wrapped your arms around his waist fully, hugging him from behind.

"Ack! No, I'm fine!" He tried to hid his face, but you could feel him getting flustered anyway.

"I'm just- uh, thirsty! Yup, I'd love me a glass of water right now!" He squirmed in your arms.

"Oh you're absolutely right! I'm pretty parched myself!" You laughed and let go of him, walking back to the counter to organize the ingredients.

"Would you get me a glass too, while you're at it?" You watched him walk back towards the fridge and lean his head against it gently as he filled the cups without answering.

Lucifer POV:

'I'd love me a glass of water?' Did I really just say that? Fuck, I am so embarrassing.

I was caught off guard when Y/N came over and held me so softly. I wanted to melt into their arms again, skip the pie, and nap. I pressed my forehead against the cool metal door of the refrigerator to try to calm down.

After both glasses were filled and I took a minute to recoup, I returned to the counter. I looked at Y/N as they looked at the ingredients in front of them, studying the labels of the various items. They looked so focused, it took me a minute to realize I was staring, but luckily I don't think they noticed.

"Do you think we need aprons? I don't know how skilled you are in the kitchen, but I'm usually alright." Y/N spoke, still looking at the ingredients.

"Uh, I should probably wear one just in case.. Do you think Charlie has any?" I looked around for where an apron might be stored.

"Knowing Charlie, she probably has a secret personalized one for each guest here!" Y/N laughed as they grabbed a few apples and a cutting board.

"Heh, you're probably right!" I laughed softly, quickly feeling more comfortable again. I spotted a long-ish cabinet in the corner of the kitchen.

I pulled the door open, which released a loud creak of the hinge. I rifled through the mini closet and found an apron. I shook it off and put it on, quickly returning to the counter to help Y/N.

Reader POV:

You had a hard time focusing on the food after Lucifer returned to the counter. You were slicing the apples thinly when he appeared at your side again. You almost cut your finger off.

He was wearing a red and white apron that was embroidered with gold hems as well as beautiful loopy cursive, stitched gently within the fabric.

'Kiss the Cook'

Yes, you really wanted to.

749 Words