Ninjaball Run

Mulai dari awal

One of the builders looks to Dareth, “Tomorrow?” he looks to another builder, “Let me see that order. Oh, yeah. My bad. Sorry ‘bout that. We'll be back in the morning.” They both leave.

Um… what the fuck?

Dareth groans as he picks up one of his "trophies," which was now bent.

“Yo, what's going on?” I ask walking up to Dareth.

“Well, I fell behind on some of my payments and some developer named “Darnagom Enterprises“ is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee-golf course. They say if I don't come up with 50,000 by tomorrow, the dojo is gone.” He answers not looking at me out of embarrassment.

“But, we already lost the Bounty. We can't lose the dojo now.”

Dareth leaned into my arms sobbing, “My trophies. Oh, my fakes trophies!”

“Yeah… okay buddy” I mutter patting his back assuringly.

Zane pointed out the broken wall, “Wait a minute. "Darnagom"? When you rearrange the letters, it spells—”

“"O grandma"?” Jay piped up.

“No! Garmadon!” Kai corrected him.

“Right.” He laughs, “That would make more sense.”

Lloyd walked between the awkward hug pushing the sobbing man away, “Um, my dad is behind this?”

“If he destroys the dojo, where will we train Lloyd?”

Dareth glances at Wu, “Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours.”

“Worry not, Dareth. You're not in this alone. We're all with you.”

50 grand ain't easy to get by.

Nya slides the door open, walking in, “Did someone say 50,000—?”

Nevermind.

Jay gasps, “You didn't happen to win the lottery?”

“No, but I heard about Ninjaball Run!”

“Ninjaball Run?” “Huh?”

“It's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow.” She explains.

Dareth sighs holding his bent trophy up to his chest, “I thank you, little lady fighter, but you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious of racers even stand a chance.”

“But didn't you just do a few upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Raider? Maybe we might stand a chance.” Kai always finds a way to amp up the energy in the room.

“And I can enter with my Dragon. You did say I needed the practice.” Lloyd grins.

Wu nodded proudly, “So it is agreed. You will all enter this "Ninjaball Run" to save the dojo.”

Dareth sobs again leaning onto my shoulder, “are you still crying?”

He sniffs wiping away the small tear, “Yes. But these are happy tears.”

Lloyd once again pushes him away.

__

My fingers fumbled in buttoning up the top coat. Nya passed through an outfit more suitable to riding a dragon, since I'm pretty sure a hanfu would be pretty uncomfortable.

“Thanks Nya.” I smile passing by her.

The black boots clacked as the heel smacked against the ground. I quickly crossed the track making my way over to the untra dragon.