Chapter 01: An Unlikely Friend

Start from the beginning

Geez. She sounds like she knows from experience.

"Good to know. So, how do we engage?"

"Well, it's all cardio, honestly. They're such cowards that you've just got to run them down. Until you hit them and make them angry enough to fight, they'll just keep running. You'll learn that a lot of weaker pals are like that."

They were standing near the campfire still scoping out the immediate area, and while Chloe spoke, their eyes stayed trained on a couple of Cattivas nearby. The Cattiva were minding their own business and largely unaware that anyone was looking at them let alone plotting to fight them, but Rhea saw this as an excellent opportunity to check out the Paldeck's functions.

She reached into her sack and pulled out the Paldeck and it lit up with a camera function. She trained it on one of the wild Cattiva and zoomed in until it began to react to capturing footage of its subject.

***   #02 CATTIVA    ***

At a glance, it appears full of confidence, but it is, in fact, weak and cowardly. Being toyed with by a Cattiva is in many ways the greatest of disgraces.

Pal Type: Normal

Heath Points 70

Base Attack    70

Defense            70

None of the numbers made much sense to Rhea at this point, but she was happy to see that the device worked. 

"Alright, now all you've got to do is start the chase. Usually, I'd just tell you to go and get after it, but I'll make the first one easy for you. Sit tight for a moment until I get back."

Rhea was confused as to what Chloe meant about making it easy as she watched her walk away. Nothing felt easy about this. She couldn't recall who she was before coming to the island, so she had no idea if she had any athletic talents. 

Although, in her short time on the island, she hadn't felt winded at all going up the hill or through the ruins. She was able to control her body to the point of stealthily avoiding the Pals she saw earlier, so maybe she had been an athlete of some kind.

Now that she had time to think about it, she realized she hadn't given herself a proper lookover.

Let's see what I'm working with here while I wait. 

Rhea confidently stood up and began stretching earnestly for what was to come.

She opened and closed her hands stretching her fingers to examine their flexibility. After that, she moved on to using said fingers to trace the muscles along her arms, flexing periodically to feel how strong she was, and then down her chest and stomach, feeling the solidity of her core. Last to examine were her legs as she noticed some neat-looking shapes. When she felt these muscles, they felt a lot tougher than those from her upper body.

Man, these things are pretty solid, she thought while hitting her calf muscles with her knuckles. I must've been a runner or maybe even a kickboxer, before all this.

She was getting familiar with her body when she heard someone shouting at her.

"Look alive! He's coming right for you!" shouted Chloe as she was seen running towards the campfire.