Grojband Rats On Each Other

Start from the beginning

They poke at the bottom of their eye, black smudging all over their eyes, faintly resembling a raccoon fur pattern, "This is from two days ago. Laney wakes up, does her eye-shadow and liner all sharp, and puts on lipstick that's never out of place mind you."

(Y/N) places their hands in their lap, "That takes time."

_____________________________________

"Laney," Corey nods assuredly, "Makeup. Look in the mirror longer. You get the gist, eh."

_____________________________________

Sighing, Kin rests his head on his hands.

"My gut says Laney, but I'm leaning towards (Y/N) because I firmly believe they fall asleep every time they brush their teeth," he snorts.

_____________________________________

"I'm not trying to sound mean or conceited, don't get me wrong," Laney starts off, "But I just put on more makeup than any of them. I like to look nice."

"Who's the biggest slob-always farting, smelly feet."

"So hard to choose," Laney sighs and rests her head back on the couch.

_____________________________________

Kon grins nervously, "Me."

_____________________________________

Kin answers quickly, "Me and Kon."

"You and Kon too?"

"Yeah..." Kin cracks up again.

_____________________________________

(Y/N) furrows their brows, "Kon, he's my boy but he just can't help it. It's second nature."

_____________________________________

Corey bites his lip, thinking a little more, "That's kinda mean. I'll pick me. It's my garage, I'm comfortable."

"Who'd be the first to go solo?"

"Oh man, big question," Corey rubbed his thumbs against his other fingers as he thought harder, "I really don't know. This has always been a group thing."

_____________________________________

Kon lays a hand on his cheek, "I think we'll stay together when making music. It's not a talent issue, but it never even feels right practicing alone!"

"Maybe do a Kiss thing and you all go solo at once?"

"And have a reunion tour!" Kon happily hums at the thought.

_____________________________________

(Y/N) manages to spit out after a beat, "Corey."

They hold their hand up, "No-wait, he wouldn't do that. We all have our solos once in a while, but we work with each other to make the best sound. That's how I see it."

_____________________________________

Laney frown deepens, "Corey, but he wouldn't do it. He likes us too much."

_____________________________________

Kin's eyes widen a smidgen, "Oh jeez," he adjusts his glasses.

"Corey feels like the right answer, but it also feels wrong, y'know? I'll just have him as my answer."

"Who'd be the first one to get married?"

Kin smirks, "Kon. He has it in him."

_____________________________________

Corey sticks his tongue out, "I'm not sure."

He shrugs, "I'll say Laney 'cause she's the coolest most rocking-est chick I know! What guy wouldn't want that?"

_____________________________________

Laney stares off into the distance.

"Are you okay?"

She blinks a few times before crossing her arms some more, simpering, "Yeah, yeah. What was the question, again?"

_____________________________________

(Y/N) leans back on the couch, "I don't believe anyone here is fit for marriage. But I'll say Corey and Laney, at the same time," a smirk falls on their lips.

"And lastly, everyone's got a favorite Grojband member. Who's your favorite member?"

(Y/N) snorts into their hand, "Who's my favorite Grojband member?" they repeat, "Kon. hands down."

_____________________________________

Kon sighs deeply.

"I've known Kin for thirteen years, but (Y/N)'s my best buddy. Um, those two! Definitely!"

_____________________________________

Corey chuckles, "That's hard to answer."

He taps his fingers along his bandage-covered knees, "I'll say everyone because everyone's my favorite."

_____________________________________

Kin shoots finger guns at the camera, "Kon's my brother, but then there's Corey who does the bulk of the work with the lyrics and singing and stuff. I'll go with Kon anyway, fraternity and whatnot."

_____________________________________

"Oh hah-hah," Laney deadpans, but retains a smile, "Corey. What can I say, he's the front man."

"Perfect."

"Cool."

"Laney's my favorite, by the way."

Laney laughs, "Yeah right, I bet you say that to everyone!"

"I didn't!" 

_____________________________________

(A/N): I wanted to do something a little different. I was inspired when I was reading Robyn_666's Grojband fic and saw something about exclusive interviews. 

Then, I remembered this Backstreet Boy interview I loved, the one up top. You can fill in the rest. 

It's not really a character study, I was just filling in what I thought the characters would say. You can disagree with any of the interpretations, I just like talking about them and they're personalities. I like to see different perspectives on them. 

And yes, I did write this seven minutes after finishing Rock the House.