12. Mine and Yours

Hongjoong couldn't sleep the night before they planned their marriage ceremony. He tossed and turned until Seonghwa wrapped an arm around him, whispering to calm down. The pirate scowled at the gentle grip and soothing words, feeling reprimanded like a child.

But he at least stopped fretting and closed his eyes to rest up as much as he could. In the morning, he felt haggard, but the barely veiled joy on Seonghwa's features made for a surprising distraction. His eyes glowed with glee, as if a lifelong dream was coming true. Though relieved Seonghwa found the joy his work restricted him from before, it also made the pirate nervous. He didn't want to ruin things for Seonghwa. Wanted him to relish those rare occasions.

After they packed their bundles with everything necessary, Hongjoong donned his new clothes. Seonghwa had purchased them for him. An elegant, fitted pair of black pants and a white shirt. Hongjoong figured he would get a coat to go with them, but Seonghwa asked him to wear his fur-lined captain's coat instead. Since it was hot out, Hongjoong slung it over his arm on the way through the forest.

Seonghwa wore his uniform. The long beige coat and his black corset to pinch it around his waist. His top two buttons were undone to expose his sleek collarbone and the dip of his chest. Though he combed his grey hair back, some of it had escaped its rigid shape and hung over his left eye. Such intense eyes today. Stormy with their passion and their joy. Chasing shivers down Hongjoong's eyes whenever they briefly glanced at each other.

Though other attire was usual for a wedding, Seonghwa readily let go of some customs in his past. Had learned their deception with the pirate's input. He hung in the past, of their vision as opposing captains. Gazed fondly upon those memories.

These appearances were a throwback to a distant past of hatred and spite. Looking back, Hongjoong believed everything had changed. Seonghwa reminisced the same time by having them wear these clothes on his most important day?

Where had all his spite for this man gone? Their mutual frustration? How often had they saved each other and ran into each other's arms until the thought of marriage consumed their minds?

Hongjoong glanced away into the colourful tropical plants and wildlife around them. He heard his heart thumping in his chest all morning.

A few days ago, while Seonghwa went to the town, Hongjoong found a gorgeous spot in the jungle. Among towering trees with bright orange blossoms and bushes with leaves larger than their bodies, hid a small pond. The water was crystal clear and rich in its turquoise. Illuminated by the sparse rays of light falling through the trees to paint the surface with mysterious patterns, it carried an air of magic. Untouched by all other forces, it awaited them with shining glory.

Hongjoong hoped Seonghwa liked it. The alternative had been marrying at the beach with the view over the ocean, but this spot was more private.

When they finally dipped under the last leaves of lush green and the vision unveiled, Hongjoong nervously gnawed on his lip. Cabezon stepped ahead to take in the clearing with wide eyes. Ready to turn around if he didn't like it, Hongjoong lingered near the path they took.

A nearby tree unravelled white and yellow angular blossoms across the water's surface. Decorating it with a sprinkle of colour they rarely got to see out on the ocean. They smelled sweet, luring in fluttering birds to get a taste.

It was pretty, but it wasn't them. If Seonghwa preferred what he knew, Hongjoong would gladly suit their setting to their stormy past as two captains.

But when Seonghwa turned, the crooked grin on his features was overjoyed. So handsome and free.

"I love it," he smiled, showing off his well-kept teeth and the shine of his eyes. "This is stunning. Thank you for finding it, plunderer."

Hongjoong coughed into his collar.

Rivals' Honourजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें