17| Can I fucking help you?

I walk past Lizzie flirting with Isaac and he's so oblivious to it. I find Allison standing at my locker. Her eyes land on me and she lets out a deep breath. She starts ranting the second I get to my locker.

She sighs in relief. I can hear her heartbeat dramatically increase. I look at her confused since she was fine up until this point.

"Hey, you okay?"

"I gotta go. I don't know if I'm gonna go to the game but I'll call you."

She walks away not saying anything else.

"Okay.."

I turn around to Stiles and Scott smiling. I look at Stiles, knowing we haven't really had any time to ourselves and to be fair it is hard when no one knows.

"Hey, Liv, how are you?"

"We live together. Why are you asking me how I am?"

"Is there a cure for.. you know?"

"Are you asking if there's one in my little witch books?"

"Yeah."

"No."

I walk around them but they follow me.

"I mean you're this Violet Witch, can't you make one?"

I stop as they both run into my back. I snap my head around to look at them.

"I can't make one. I don't even think there is one."

"But Derek said-"

"They're myths which means they might not even work. They're told as folk tales."

"Okay, well, can you help us with something else?"

I turn to Stiles. I get sucked into his brown eyes, quickly looking away.

"What?"

"Allison's necklace."

"Nope.." I finally walk away from them. "Ask her yourself, wimp!"

"Are you at least coming to the game?"

I stop, turning around. I smile at Stiles.

"Your first game? Wouldn't miss it for the world."

I turn back around and walk to the library. I walk towards Lydia at our normal table. I sit down across from her.

"Why do you look like that?"

"Like what?"

"Happy."

"Can I not be happy?"

"The question is why.." she twirls her hair. "Did you get laid?"

"Oh my God.."

I pull out my notebook so I can copy her notes from our shared AP classes. I start copying them as she talks about Jackson breaking up with her. I listen until I hear something else.

"Stiles."

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

I look around and realize we're alone. We're the only two left in the library. I put my stuff away.

"I'll see you at the game."

I run out to my car and take my phone out of my pocket. I click Stiles name, putting the phone to my ear. The call rings twice before going to voicemail.

"Did he just send me to voicemail?"

"Hey, it's Stiles, leave a message at the.." a beep goes off.

"Stiles, you send me to voicemail ever again I will literally-"

A tap on my window makes me jump. I hang up the voicemail, rolling down my window. There's only a few cars in the parking lot still. It's dark but only about six.

"Can I fucking help you?"

"Olivia Hope McCall?"

"Yes?"

"This is for Macy."

I hold up my hand as a some sort of blade is stabbed into it. I use my free hand to throw an energy blast at the woman. I pull the blade out of my hand and scream at the pain. I look at my hand where the blade was and it's red. It's burning.

I look up and realize the woman is one of the witches from the other day. A Blackthorn witch from the woods.

"She should've never came by herself."

"She was a child!"

"So was I!"

I levitate her body in the air, sucking the air out of her lungs.

"She can send a thousand witches after me.. and I'll kill each and every one of them." I say. "Because I'm a Mikaelson.. you can't kill me!"

I twist my hand and snap her neck. I let her body fall to the ground. I hold my hand up to her body and watch it disappear. I look back at my hand, there's a mark where the blade entered. It doesn't burn anymore.

I get into my car and drive home. I pull into the driveway, hovering my hand over the wound. It doesn't heal.

I walk towards the house as my mom is leaving. She's in a rush which means she's late for work.

"Lizzie is already at the game. Give Scott good luck for me, sweetie!"

I walk inside the house and go up to my room. I trace my finger along the cut. I jump when my phone starts ringing. Allison's name fills the screen.

"You coming to the game?"

"Uhh.. yeah. I'll be there soon."

I hang up, throwing a portal. I walk to the parking lot, looking for the blade. I find it, running inside the school to put it in my locker.

I walk to the lacrosse field. I look at all the players, realizing Stiles isn't on the field. I walk towards Scott on the bench.

"Where's Stiles?"

"I don't know.. he's got Derek."

"I'm sorry? He's got Derek? Since when is Derek back?"

I turn my head, zoning out. Something feels wrong but I don't know what.

"Liv!"

I look at Allison, smiling. Her father beside her waves and that's when I notice her aunt next to him. She looks at me like she knows me. I look back at Allison, Lizzie forces a smile beside her. I walk up the bleachers.

"Kate, this is Liv."

"You look familiar."

"I have that kind of face."

She smiles and I want to wipe it off her face. I don't like her.

"I guess."

"Yeah.." I say. "You know I should check to see where Lyd is. I'll be back."

I excuse myself and leave the lacrosse field. I get the feeling something is going on. I throw a portal, running through it. Stiles is in the middle of a nurse and Peter Hale.

"I'm gonna die."

I punch the nurse in the face, watching her body drop to the ground.

"No you're not." Stiles turns around as I twist my hand, revealing a purple energy blast. "He is."

Before I get the chance to throw it, Derek speaks.

"Get out of here."

I look over my shoulder at Derek.

"Don't have to tell me twice."

Stiles runs toward me and I throw another portal. We run through it and he looks at me with soft eyes.

"How'd you know I was there?"

"I just- I felt it. I don't really know."

He throws his arms around me. My body tenses at his touch. I slowly put my hands on his back.