𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

FINE LINE - THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

Clutching their purchases, Mr Weasley in the lead, they all hurried into the woods, following the lantern-lit trail. They could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shouts and laughter, snatches of singing. The atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious; Mavis couldn't stop grinning.

They walked through the woods for twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly, until at last they emerged on the other side, and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium. Though Mavis could see only a fraction of the immense gold walls surrounding the pitch, she could tell that ten cathedrals would fit comfortably inside it.

"Seats a hundred thousand," Mr Weasley said, spotting the awestruck look on everyone's faces. "Ministry task force of five hundred have been working on it all year. Muggle-Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time Muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away again... Bless them," he added fondly, leading the way towards the nearest entrance, which was already surrounded by a swarm of shouting witches and wizards.

"Prime seats!" the Ministry witch said at the entrance, when she checked their tickets. "Straight upstairs, Arthur, as high as you can go."

The stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple. They clambered upwards with the rest of the crowd, which slowly filered away through doors into the stands to their left and right. They kept climbing and climbing until they nearly reached the top of the staircase.

"Blimey dad, how far up are we?" Ron exclaimed, trying to catch his breath.

"Well, put it this way," a voice sneered from below them, "if it rains... you'll be the first to know."

"We don't mind a bit of rain," Mavis shrugged, looking down to see Draco and his father. "Mind you, you should be up here."

"Up there?" Draco's father spat.

"Yeah," Mavis nodded, the corner of her lips twitching upwards. "That way, if it does rain, you'll finally wash that greasy hair of yours."

"How dare -" Mr Malfoy said, gritting his teeth and taking a step forward.

"Now, now, Lucius," Mr Weasley said, stepping beside Mavis.

"Watch your tongue, Black," Draco said, looking at her in disgust. "Father and I are in the Minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself."

"Don't boast, Draco," Lucius said, hitting Draco in the stomach with his cane. "There's no need with these people. Do enjoy yourself won't you? While you can."