𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

FINE LINE - WORSE THAN DRAGONS

The start of December brought wind and sleet to Hogwarts. Thankfully the next task wasn't until a couple of months so Mavis found plenty of time to relax. She had to pop back and forth to and from the Hospital Wing but that was only for some precautionary check ups.

Since Ron had apologised, he, Mavis, Harry and Hermione were quick to go back to how they were and it was like nothing had changed. The four of them made their way down to breakfast with one another but came to a halt when all eyes focused on Mavis.

Confused, they sat down at the Gryffindor table where Cedric came up behind Mavis sending her a sorrowful smile before handing her a copy of the Daily Prophet. Turning the newspaper around, Mavis flicked through the pages until she stopped on one that sported the headline:

Mavis Black's secret heartache.

The photo that Rita Skeeter had taken in the champions tent was the main drawing point in the article, with Mavis and Hermione hugging at the top of the page. Below the heart-shaped moving photograph had a subtitle that read:

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for a fellow Gryffindor. Her latest prey sources report is none other than Mavis Black, the daughter of the mass murderer Sirius Black! No word yet on how Viktor Krum and Harry Potter are taking this latest emotional blow.

"So I'm in some sort of love square?" Mavis joked, passing the newspaper to Hermione.

"What rubbish," Hermione scoffed, reading through the article.

Ron, as per usual, was stuffing his face with food paying no mind to the article that had the whole school glancing over at them. Harry, too, wasn't focused on it either, seemingly finding someone more interesting over on the Ravenclaw table.

"I wonder how Hagrid's interview is going to go with her," Mavis said, not wanting to say Rita Skeeter's name.

"She will twist his words," Hermione sighed, folding the newspaper close and pushing it to the side.

"Let's just hope that the article isn't too bad," Mavis said, reaching over the table for some cereal.

Looking up from pouring the cereal into a bowl, Mavis spotted someone coming over to them with a large parcel in their hands.

"Parcel for you, Mr Weasley," a young boy said happily.

"Ah," Ron said, taking it from his hands, "thank you, Nigel."

Nigel didn't move after Ron had taken the parcel, except his eyes kept flicking between Mavis and Harry.

"Not now, Nigel," Ron said, trying to nudge him away. "Later - go on."

Nigel let out a small huff and reluctantly walked away from the four. Mavis, Harry and Hermione all looked at Ron with curious expressions as to what had happened.