𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆.

FINE LINE - BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG

Late next morning, Mavis woke with a start. Her forehead slicked with sweat as she awoke from a nightmare. Ever since Professor Moodys lesson on the unforgivable curses, Mavis has constantly dreamt her mother's death.

Huffing, Mavis decided to get up, get herself ready for the day and leave the dormitory to make her way down to the common room.

Reaching the bottom step, Mavis smiled at Hermione and Ron, the two sitting on the sofa opposite the fireplace. Yet, Harry was nowhere to be seen. The two seemed to sense what Mavis was going to say and told her that Harry would catch them at breakfast.

The three made their way down to the Great Hall where, like Hermione and Ron had said, Harry joined them. Like always, Hermione sat beside Mavis whilst Harry and Ron sat opposite them, the boys tucking into their breakfast as if they haven't eaten in months.

Through large mouthfuls of food, Harry had told the three why he was out so early, having written to Sirius once again, trying to fool him into thinking he imagined his scar hurting.

"That was a lie, Harry," Hermione said sharply, almost dropping her toast, "You didn't imagine your scar hurting and you know it."

"So what?" Harry said. "He's not going back to Azkaban because of me."

"Drop it," Ron said sharply to Hermione, as she opened her mouth to argue some more, and for once, Hermione heeded him, and fell silent.

"Good morning to you too, Ron," Mavis muttered sarcastically, spooning some cereal into her mouth.

Whilst Mavis acted like everything was okay, she tried her best not to worry about her father. It was hard to keep her mind off him even with her efforts to help Hermione with S.P.E.W. Mavis couldn't help but wish Quidditch was on, nothing worked so well on a troubled mind as a good, hard training session.

On the other hand, their lessons were becoming more difficult and demanding than ever before, particularly Defence Against the Dark Arts. To her surprise, Professor Moody had announced that he would be putting the Imperius Curse on each of them in turn, to demonstrate its power and to see whether they could resist its effects.

"But - but you said it's illegal, Professor," Hermione said uncertainly, as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room. "You said - to use it against another human was -"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," Moody said, his magical eye swivelling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare. "If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely - fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."