𝗺𝗮𝘃𝗶𝘀.

GODRICS HOLLOW —  OCTOBER 31, 1981

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

GODRICS HOLLOW
— OCTOBER 31, 1981

It was quiet. Too quiet. Especially for halloween.

What was once a happy household now held nothing but remorse. Two babies sat in a cot, one boy, one girl. One with a scar the other just scraping by.

Mavis Black and Harry Potter both lost their parents the same night. By the same man. By what would end up haunting them forever.

They didn't know it then, but would soon find out the two of them needed each other, for what was about to come had no intent of stopping.

THE TONKS HOUSE
— APRIL 24, 1991

"Happy birthday, sweetheart."

"Thanks aunty." Mavis beamed, sitting down at the kitchen table and preparing herself some breakfast.

"A letter arrived for you this morning." Andromeda said, smiling as she held out an envelope in front of her.

"Me?" Mavis wondered, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Yes, you." Andromeda chuckled, placing the envelope beside Mavis, sitting down at the table too.

"Who'd be sending a letter to me?" Mavis questioned, spooning cereal into her mouth.

"You'll find out once you open it." Andromeda teased goodheartedly.

"Funny." Mavis rebutted, although it was hard to hear as her mouth was full of food.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Andromeda scolded, slapping her gently on the arm.

"Sorry." Mavis mumbled sheepishly as she put down her spoon and held the envelope in her hands.

Andromeda watched on in anticipation as Mavis opened the envelope and pulled out its contents before reading aloud,

"Dear Miss Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 september. We await your owl by no later than 31 july.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

Deputy headmistress"

As Mavis stopped reading she couldn't contain the grin that was plastered on her face, and neither could Andromeda. The two didn't say anything for a while, Andromeda letting Mavis soak up all the enjoyment that the letter poured out.

Mavis kept on rereading the letter over and over and over again. Not quite believing her eyes. She knew she was a witch, that much was obvious, but she seemed to be awaiting this moment forever.