So this is me, just one day in the outside world and still unemployed due to lack of papers or certain required skills, going back to the hotel and wait for what tomorrow brings. Anyways, I'm sure there are others out there like me in the world, probably more or less fortunate than me.

As I sighed and held my head up in a positive way, I stopped and saw a girl, maybe same age as me, getting mugged by a tall and buff man. Where most people would just turn back and run away, pretending that it didn't happen or didn't see it, I just have to play the reckless hero.

So, what I did was pick up an empty bottle lying near a dumpster beside me and headed towards the man. The woman turned her gaze to look at me with terrified teary eyes as I placed a finger in front of my mouth to keep silent. She nodded lightly as I stopped in front of the man's back. Tapping his shoulder to gain his attention, He turned around just in time for me to whack the bottle in his face, causing the bottle to break into pieces and the man falling in the ground, unconscious.

The woman looked at me, back to the man, and then me. Not wanting to get the wrong impression that I might be a mugger too, I don't know why I think of that because muggers are usually male and maybe because I have a broken bottle as a weapon in my hand.

So, I immediately placed the bottle down and before I could explain that I am not a bad person, she immediately went to me and hugged me. This is not what I had expected as I watch her pull away with a smile.

" That was freaking bad ass! You are my freaking bad ass female hero! The way you swung that bottle in his face and thank you so much for saving me! I would've been raped or killed if it weren't for you! "

" You're...welcome? " I said with a confused smile on my face. I thought this woman was dang terrified of me after that situation but her mood just changed after I saved her from being mugged.

" Thank you so much. Again. I really appreciated it when you knocked him for me. Anyways, My name is Ashlyn. What's yours? " She spoke to me with a friendly smile.

Wanting to take this opportunity to make a friend, i smiled back,

" My name is Keira and Ashlyn, we better go before someone finds out an unconscious body here and think it was us. "

Ashlyn looked at the man and then me, " You sure he's unconscious? I kinda hoped he was dead. People who mug women aren't fit to live in this world. "

" Trust me. As much as I like bad people disappearing from this world, I still don't like people dying. Plus, He's unconscious and maybe wake up with an amnesia. "

" Good point. Anyways, You have to come with me to my job as my bad ass bodyguard. Maybe bring another bottle just in case someone tries to mug us. " Ashlyn looped her arm with mine with a smile as we started walking where she's heading.

Hearing the word ' job ', I asked,

" Do you think your job needs another worker? Because I would like to apply since I've been looking for a job and- "

I heard a squeal as Ashlyn bounced up and down in happiness,

" Absolutely! I'm sure Dylan will accept and love you. But do you have your papers ready? "

I took my rolled up papers and gave them a shake. She smiled at me and held my wrist as she showed me where her job is as she continued to cheerfully talk and ask about me.

~~~~

I was slightly nervous as Dylan, a sweet yet strict old man around his 50's, who is also Ashlyn's boss, reviewed my papers. I fiddled with my fingers as I cross and uncross my fingers, hoping he'll accept me even without my college degree or other things I might not have.

Ashlyn saw this and placed a hand in my hands as she smiled and mouthed to me, " You'll be fine. "

After what felt like a nervously long time, Dylan put the papers down and looked at me with a straight face then back to the papers. After a minute or so, he looked up and eyed between me and Ashlyn as he reviewed my papers one more time before talking directly to Ashlyn,

" Are you sure she is capable of weilding a bottle like a " badass " person? Well, She looks like a sweetheart to me, " Dylan smiled at me as i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding as i smiled happily.

" Congratulations, Keira. You've gotten the job, " Dylan raised his hand to me as I eagerly shook it.

I can't believe it. I actually manage to land my first job after so many rejections!

" Thank you so much! I will in your care then, " I said breathlessly.

" A formal badass body guard....nice , " Ashlyn murmered to herself as she smiled. I look at her as she gave me a wink and looked back at Dylan when he asked me,

" Ok, Keira. How does the morning shift work for you? Let's say around 6 am till 12 noon, along side with Ashlyn's shift? "

" Please say yes, Keira or else I'd have to fight every employee here in Cafe Dolce who gets their shift with you, " Ashlyn joked but there was a small look of consideration in her eyes that she would definitely do it.

I nodded to Dylan as he bent down in his desk and took out a paper and a pen.

" Just sign here and you're off to work here tomorrow. "

I immediately took the paper and signed it with enthusiasm as I finally registered that I have a job. Like a job job where you can get payed and experience things about people and others.

~~~~

After a long day learning the ropes in advance by Dylan and Ashlyn, I was psyched and can't wait for my new job tomorrow.

Going back to the hotel with Shirley still there, tending to her own business. I went up to my room and immediately plunked on my bed with a smile on my face.

I now have a secured job and all that's left is my apartment and everything is good to go.

I took the newspaper and opened the section where I could get myself a cheap apartment and boom, I'm living my life here in the open world.