┉┈◈Ⲋ𐍊𑀌◈┈┉

Start from the beginning

Mariah stared pensively at the ground for a moment, a muscle in her jaw working. "I have an idea what would have happened. Charlie, I don't think it's safe for you to be here. Let's leave as soon as possible."

"Is something really that wrong?"

She chewed her bottom lip before replying, "It sounds like he can release some kind of aphrodisiac scent."

Charlie shook her head, unconvinced. "I don't think it was strong enough to be that."

"Well maybe he was just testing it out since you're not the same species. You don't want there to be a 'next time' to find out. I think it's time to go." Mariah gave her a pointed look.

A few seconds passed and Charlie nodded, relenting. "Okay. We'll go."

Mariah heaved out a relieved sigh. "Good. Let's get the others."

They turned to head back to the mouth of the hollow then froze when they saw amber eyes peering out at them, one clawed hand gripping a thick root at the entrance.

Charlie whispered to her friend, "Do you think he could hear us?"

Mariah shook her head, "No way, we were talking quietly and we weren't close enough to be heard."

Tük'hala turned and vanished back inside, his tail whipping behind him.

The two women looked at each other then walked back to the hollow. Charlie noticed five gouges in the wood of the root as she passed. Once inside she saw Eli and Archie talking next to the fire. The piranha bunny sat like a little angel as the big man fed it smaller sections of fruit which it enthusiastically accepted with a happy chirp and purr.

Charlie cleared her throat, getting their attention. "Alright, it's time to head back. We've already been gone too long and we haven't been able to contact the ship." She tried again just then to confirm if that remained true, and sure enough, all she got was static.

Eli stood up, alarmed. "What? How long has this issue been going on?"

"Since yesterday," Mariah answered.

Archie already refastened his helmet back on. "I must get back to my brother. Perhaps Darling will cheer him up once he wakes."

"Darling?" Charlie raised a brow.

Mariah sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Tell me you didn't name the thing. You can't bring that with us."

"Sure I can! Captain would understand," he waved a hand dismissively and the piranha bunny—or Darling—clambered up onto his shoulder like it was claiming its throne.

They all jolted when Tük'hala let out a low growl. Everyone looked at him where he was agitatedly pacing. "I go with," he decreed firmly.

Eli nervously spoke up, "I'm sorry, I don't think that would be possi—"

"I go with!" he snarled, suddenly towering over the mechanic with sharp teeth bared and tail lashing.

Eli blanched, opening and closing his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Mariah stepped forward, gently pulling Eli behind her.

"Um, sure," Charlie said with a nervous chuckle, "You can come with us." This earned her a few looks from her team which she ignored.

The alien's ragged breaths began to calm as his amber orbs snapped to her hazel ones. He awkwardly loosened his threatening stance and stood there not knowing what to do with himself. Eventually he just inclined his head with an appreciative grunt and repeated, "I go with."

Charlie nodded and stared back for a moment before picking up her helmet to put it on. Soon everyone was ready to leave. Tük'hala dug a big hole in the ground and placed the two giant snake— Kegulu skulls into the pit. Once he made sure the dirt was packed tight over his treasure, he came outside with the rest of them.