We arrived at the west end, men had already begun the work. The ground was already paved out, the workers were building the foundation. Randy finally uncuffed me, he then said in a gruff voice "Time to get started. go speak to that guy about what you need to do." He pointed at middle aged man with light brown hair and streaks of grey, he was a bit shorter than me. He definitely had the "I'm in charge" look.

I approached the man

"Hey boss man." I said with confidence

"You must be Negan."

"That's me." I said with a smile.

"I'm Jory, I'mthe one overseeing the construction project. You must be wanting to find out what your job is. Your going to be helping cut the wood into planks for now, someone will show you how to use the saw." He said pointing in the direction of a giant blade..

"Sounds like fun." I said sarcastically.

Jory just looked at me with a blank expression before telling me to get to work.

I walked over to the saw blade where a man who was much shorter than me, with blue eyes and blonde hair.

"Hi there" he said enthusiastically, holding his hand out to shake mine "Myname is Chuck." He added with an ugly smile.

I just looked down at his hand, there was a red bite mark on the side of it. I looked at him suspiciously.

He let out an awkward laugh "Me and the dog just played a bit too rough you know?"

My brows furrowed and I let out an "Mhm."

I didn't like him.

"So what the fuck are we supposed to be doing?" I said gruffly.

Chuck started speaking and showed me how he cut the wood, my brain blocked out his irritating voice. I just watched and let out an "uh huh" every once in while. I was already bored out of my mind.

I wasn't a complete dumbass, I may not of heard anything he said but it was a simple task I could handle, as long as I don't cut off my fingers.

Time passed and I my hands were getting tired and irritated from rubbing against the wood. Jory yelled out it was time for our lunch break.

I was allowed to go to the dining hall with a group of men, I could go in and get food, I just couldn't actually sit down and eat in there, I would have to eat outside.

I walked behind a group of workers I didn't know, keeping to myself as they talked nonsense.

We arrived to the dining hall and I entered after them, it was loud and bustling. When the people noticed my existence it went silent, every eye was on me. I never came in here.

Soon the whispering began, but after I ignored it all and went got in line for food, the noise and conversation returned.

I still felt a set of eyes on me and looked up.

There she was.

Her hair was in a ponytail, her eyes big and cheeks pink.

Our eyes locked.

Her cheeks went from pink to red

She quickly looked away, but looking away from her was the last thing I could do.

She was sitting at a table with two girls and a boy.

She resumed her conversation with them.

They said something I could not hear, and she let out laughter that was as sweet as heaven. The type of laugh that makes you want to laugh too.