𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃

10:02 am

Harvard University

Alexia's mind was still captive to the same haunting image trapped in her mind since last night.

She walked on campus with that same image playing over and over in her head. It was like a reel playing on repeat, etching the details deeper into her consciousness. She tried not to think much of what she saw but couldn't.

She had so much questions in mind, like why was Simon's game tag on his recent chat on his Xbox if they hadn't talked since middle school? Why'd Caleb lie about them not being friends anymore? The weight of his lies pressed heavily on her thoughts, intertwining with the enigma of Simon's game tag.

Caught up in this web of intrigue, Alexia found herself lost in her own world during the lecture. The professor's words became a distant hum as her mind raced with possibilities and connections.

It wasn't until Danny, snapped her fingers in her face that she snapped back to reality, realizing that the lecture was over.

"Lex, you okay?" Danny questioned, concerned about her cousins sudden silence. She was used to Alexia yapping away during lectures, so her uncharacteristic quietness was weird to her.

"Oh sorry" Alexia smiled. "I'm just tired" she reassured Danny.

"Well, lecture's over" Danny stated. "Right" Alexia said before closing her MacBook and put in her hand bag.

The both of them stepped out of the lecture room when Caleb and Cyrus walked up to them.

"Hey babe" Caleb said before pecking her lips.

Danny was utterly confused by the scene, so was Cyrus. The latest update was they were done.

"When the fuck did y'all get back together?" Cyrus blurted out.

"Don't worry bout that" Caleb, nonchalantly replied.

Danny glanced at Alexia, hoping for some explanation,but Alexia couldn't meet her gaze. In disbelief, Danny simply nodded and walked away.

Caleb, noticing Danny's departure, turned to Alexia and asked, "What's up with her?" Confused by Danny's reaction, Alexia simply shrugged in response.

"Whatever, Cyrus settle this for us will ya? Bonnie and Clyde or Magician with a bunie and a hat" Caleb asked.

"For what?" Cyrus questioned. "The Halloween party tonight." Caleb replied.

"Oh right"

"Yeah, we need help deciding on the costume, she wants us to be Bonnie and Clyde but I prefer the magician and bunny in a hat." Caleb replied. "So?"

"Y'all white folks be on some shit" Cyrus chuckled. "But I think Bonnie and Clyde would be cool, wish Jas and I thought about that" Cyrus finally said.

"Jas?" Caleb questioned grinning.

"Well I gotta go, I got class in 2, so see y'all later" Cyrus said not wanting to have this conversation, he dabbed Caleb up before heading to his next lecture.