𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

7:55 am

Cyrus's POV

I was currently in bed, scrolling through tik tok seeing all the bull shit and false accusations people were saying about Luka.

Why everyone so invested into this shit?

I got tired of all the BS so I closed the app, that's when my mom walked it.

"Cyrus" She called. "Yes ma" I responded.

"You're not coming to eat?" She asked. "No, I'm not hungry." I replied.

"Cy" She called siting on the edge of my bed. "Baby, I know you're upset about Luka, you guys been friends since middle school. I am truly sorry he wasn't who you expected him to be—"

"—He didn't do it." I said cutting her off. "I mean, an anonymous tip?" I scoffed. "Why would he keep the Epi Pens in the gym lockers Ma'? Luka is not stupid"

"Epi Pens are expensive, maybe he needed the money. He was fleeing to God knows where." She chimed and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Baby, it's time to move forward. Focus on basketball so you get in the NBA like you always dreamt. Everything you have worked hard for is in your reach. Please don't let this get in the way." My mom said.

"I need to get ready for class" I said getting off the bed heading to my bathroom leaving her the room.

I splashed some water in my face trying to shake the thoughts off but I couldn't stop think about him.

I couldn't imagine what he's going through.
I need to do something to get him out of there, my mom won't help me get a lawyer so I gotta find the money to bail him out.

But asking her for the money or withdrawing it from my account would raise too many questions. At my grown ass age she still treats me like a kid, my fault, I was reckless at some point.

I need to think of something, and fast.

Once I finished my morning routine, I quickly got dressed and sent a text to the group, urging them to meet up. Hopefully we could figure something out together.

8:39 am

FMC Devens

Linda, Luka's mom, was determined to do everything she could to get her son a good lawyer and prevent him from rotting in prison.

She made arrangements for her and Luka's lawyer to visit him and discuss his case.

They sat anxiously in front of the prison visitation window, waiting for Luka's arrival.

After a few seconds, Luka appeared with a guard who escorted him to the other side of the glass, where his mother and lawyer were seated.

Luka picked up the phone and placed it to his ear, mirroring his mother and lawyer.

"I'm sorry I'm late I'm not used this whole media circuit thing" the man apologized, pulling out a folder from his bag.