𝟎𝟐𝟔. eichen house

ANCHOR

____________

THE PACK SURROUNDS the dining table inside the McCall House with the blueprints of Eichen House laid out in front of them, Stiles' computer propped open as well. Their plan began last night when they collectively gathered at Scott's home to discuss Lydia's rescue from the mental facility.

"There's four steps," Stiles says. "We get into Eichen; we get into the Closed Unit; we get Lydia— get out."

"And we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier," Scott provides a long list of other obstacles, causing Allison to raise her eyebrows in disbelief.

"You have a plan for all that?" asks Malia.

Stiles inhales, digging his hand into his pocket to bring out a key card. "I stole this last night off an orderly... but it's useless because they reset the codes each night."

While Isaac stifles an eye roll at the boy, Kira speaks, "So why did you take it?"

"I'm getting to that."

"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again," Scott explains.

Liam squints slightly, "How are you gonna do that?"

Stiles holds out an irritated hand at each of them. "We're getting to that, okay? Just listen." He turns his laptop to face the rest of the group. "I pulled all of the history off of the keycard. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a brownout—"

"The card goes back to the default code, and it works again," Liam concludes with an impressed smirk. Kira, however, has more questions.

"How are we going to cause a brownout?"

"That's your part," Scott informs. "You're going to draw power from the main line, but only enough to cause the brownout."

"Not the blackout," Stiles clarifies, clapping his palms together lightly for effect. "Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown, which would be bad. Very, very bad."

"Obviously," Isaac remarks from Malia's right. Stiles's eye twitches at the beta's unnecessary comment, and Scott resists the urge to drag a hand down his face at their bickering.

Then the Alpha points to the blueprints. "There's an electric room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run the power to all of Eichen."

Kira's eyes widen out of nervousness, clearly overwhelmed by their directions. "Okay, slight problem: I don't know how to do that!"

"That's okay," Scott reassures her firmly. "You have time to practice."

"Let's say all this goes perfectly," Malia chimes in. "How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen?"

"The system takes five minutes to reboot," Stiles explains. "In that five minutes, all the alarms will be turned off. The key card should work."