𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Esme Reyes took the chance to go after Tess O'Malley, who had left the gym, without anything else happening.

"Tess, wait!" Mae yelled. She sees Tess leaving out the exit door of the school and doesn't look back. Esme knew she could catch up with her if she left now so she did. Before Mae left, Fallon stopped her by grabbing her hand and kissing it. "Hey, babe" Fallon says.

Esme closed her eyes, holding her head down before she turned Fallon and wrapped her arms around the girl's neck.

"Hey" She forces a smile. "I've looking everywhere for you" Fallon tucked her curly hair behind her ear and tilted her head to the side. "What happened? You look upset" She said with a concerned look. "Were you crying?" Fallon asked. "It's nothing. We- I got locked in the locker room... I was super scared and all" Mae told her girlfriend.

"You're nothing but a liar, Reyes" Mae thought.

"Really?" Fallon looked behind her to look at the gym doors, confused.

"Yeah, the service was really bad and I couldn't get a connection but Coach let us- me! She let me out" Esme briefly explained.

"Super chaotic, you know?" She added. "I guess..." Fallon shrugged. It was hard to believe that herself but Esme changed the subject and kissed Fallon's cheek. "Can we go home?".

"Yeah, of course" Fallon nodded, taking Esme by the hand to leave the school together.

✧✦

While being back at home, Esme had finally gained the courage to unblock Tess. She had hoped to find out what grounding they stood on with their situation— their relationship. It wasn't more than friends obviously but did Tess even want to be her friend anymore?

After all, she did say that Mae was impossible and the last thing she wanted was to be her friend.

IMESSAGE