𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑺𝑰𝑿

╭✶                                    ✶╮ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛ╰✶                                    ✶╯

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
╰✶                                    ✶╯

Wednesday
November 2, 2020

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The weekend had passed in a flash and it was the week of Esme's date with Tess. Mae felt unstoppable, glowing almost, and she loved the feeling. It was new and unexpected. Esme didn't want the mood to end. Sadly, there's always something that has to kill the mood eventually, right?

"What're you so happy about?" Nia asked as she and Esme were walking down the hallway.

Esme chuckled and smiled at a text. "Huh?" Esme questions while looking at Nia giving her attention. "What are you so happy about? You're just cheesing and giggling at your phone, what is it?" Nia asked as she opened her locker. "Oh, uh, n-no one... Just a friend, you know?" Esme says.

"Mae, those "Just a friend" things aren't real. A friend doesn't make you smile like that, believe me, I know" Nia says as she smiles to herself. Esme furrowed her eyebrows and scoffed. "Yeah, no, trust me. I'm... she's... we're just friends" Esme says as she thinks about it for a second. "Maybe...".

Tess did ask her out on a date so it
meant something behind it, right?

"We're just talking, that's it" Esme says. "Hmm. Whatever you say, E" Nia says as she shuts her locker. Esme kept smiling at her phone and Nia started to smile herself. She snatched the phone from Esme and looked at the messages between her and Tess. Nia's facial expression changed from a playful smile to a frown. "Nia, give me my phone" Esme says as she reaches for her phone.

"So your "just a friend" is Tess and she asked you out, huh?" Nia questioned. She pressed her lips together, trying not to show her anger, and handed Esme her phone back. "I- yeah, kinda... I- I don't know really" Esme said, flustered. She placed her phone in her back pocket. Nia hummed and rolled her eyes.

"What's wrong with you? Are you upset with that or somethin'" Mae asked as she pushed up her glasses.

"Me? Upset? Nooo, never!" Nia lied. Esme gave her a confused look. "Oh, really? Then why is your voice getting higher?" She asked while raising her eyebrows. "It's not!" Nia squeaked. Nia cleared her throat and sighed. "I-it's not. And I'm not upset, it's just that Tess tells me everything so why didn't she tell me about this?" Nia said as her voice went back to normal. "You guys don't have to tell each other everything" Esme says.

"Besides, she probably wasn't comfortable with telling you. It is her business after all" She stated with a shrug.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nia glared at the girl with glasses. Esme had the feeling that she made things worse. "Nia, seriously, relax. It's not that big of a deal" She scoffed. Nia rolled her eyes, huffed and stormed off. "Welp, I guess it was that big of a deal" Esme says just before the bell rings for the next class.

Esme walks to her next class in the middle of changing the topic with Tess.

IMESSAGE

Peach🥺 - Esme

Peach🥺 - Esme

Peach🥺
Tess, something is wrong with Nia.

Peach🥺
Idk why but I think she's upset about you not telling her ab the date!

Peach🥺
Ngl 😕 I'm kinda confused on why she cares so much but you guys should talk because she's pissed!
Read 12:47PM

"Great" Tess mumbled while reading Esme's text.