𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Nia. Nia, wait!" Tess trailed behind her best friend. Nia turned around and glared at her. "What, Tess?" Nia huffs. "What's your deal today?" Tess questions knowingly. She knew exactly why Nia was overreacting. Nia scoffed. "What's my deal?".

"Tess, how could you ask her out!?" Nia says.

"I- I mean what about our relationship? What, you just forgotten about us?" Nia asked.

"Our relationship?" Tess questioned with raised eyebrows and a disbelief laugh. Nia nods. Faya, one of Tess's teammates, came up to them. "Yo, T. You're coming to Yasmine's party tomorrow night, right?" Faya asked. "I might" Tess shrugged.

"Party?" Nia asked as she quickly got an idea.

"Yeah, Yasmine O'Neil, the cheer captain. She's throwing this delayed party tomorrow for the JV team on their win" Faya says, nudging Tess with her elbow causing the brunette to smile.

"Their game was last week, why didn't she have it that weekend?" Nia questions. "I just- you know what? Don't know, don't care" Faya shrugs. "A party's a party". "Her mom's out for the week so it should be fun" Faya explains. "Faya, we gotta go!" A friend called out.

"Coming!" Faya yelled as she went over to the group.

Once she left, Nia turned back to Tess. "Tess" Nia snapped her fingers to grab the attention of a zoned-out Tess. "Hmm?" Tess blinked. "Tess, I think we should talk about this. Us" Nia played with her hair. Tess sighed and pressed her lips together.

"Listen, we're not in a relationship anymore, Nia. I moved on and so should you" Tess stated before she walked away.

"You just met her a month ago, Tess!" Nia called out.

"Goodbye, Nia!" Tess says as she places her airpods in.

✧✦

"Hey, E" Booker says as he sits down at the desk next to Mae's. "Dude, you're like 20 minutes late" Esme laughed and continued to draw. "Yeah, I know, but I had a very good reason" He says. "Yeah like what" Mae asked. "I had to go to the nurse" Booker answers as he grabs his sketchbook.

"Or more like you were making
out with Flynn in the hallway" Esme chuckled. "Maybe. Maybe not" He says with a smile. "Wow" Mae said shaking her head. "What are we doing anyway?" Booker asked. "Working on our portraits that's due Monday" Mae explained.

"Freestyle portraits?" He asked. Mae nodded and used her eraser over and over again on the shirt to the effect that she wanted. "Hey, is that Tess?" Booker asked, taking notice of her artwork. "No" Esme scoffed. It's definitely her.

"You sure? 'Cause that looks exactly like Tess" He says.

"It's not" Mae said as he touched her book. "Don't touch my book" I swatted his hand away and glared at him. "You're mean," Booker says as he rubs his hand. "I try to be" Mae smile. She continued to use the rest of her time on her portrait of Tess. Esme was thinking about doing one of herself but she didn't like it that much.

She began to hate it the more she worked on it so her next idea was to draw Tess.

Esme had been thinking about her a lot and needed to do something to get Tess off her mind

But instead, she ended up drawing the girl and it still wasn't good enough for her nor was it helping. She needed way more details and it was due by Monday, so she wanted it to be perfect. The dismal bell had rang. Mae felt almost annoyed that her favorite period of the day had ended. Everyone around her quickly gathered their things and rushed out the door.

Esme followed closely behind Booker shortly after. Booker and Mae went their separate ways. Lost in her thoughts, Mae accidentally ran into another person. She looked up and found herself face-to-face with one of the co-captains on the cheer team. "Sorry" Esme apologized.

She chuckled and turned to look at the girl behind her. "Quincey" She says as she holds her hand out. Mae grabbed it and they shook hands. "Esme" The long curly-haired girl smiled. "Let's walk" Quincey said after she closed her locker. Mae pulled her eyebrows together before nodding her head.

"Okay..." She mumbled. They started to walk and talk before making it to Esme's next class. "Are you into cheer?" Quincey asked. "Yeah, sort of. I've been thinking about joining but never did" Mae shrugged while Quincy hummed and nodded her head. "Just need something to do around here".

"Well, one of our cheerleaders quit and we're looking for someone to fill her spot as a flyer" Quincey stated.

"Okay" Esme pushed up her glasses. "And do you always do this to people when they bump into you?" She asked with a slight smile. "You're funny, but no" Quincey chuckled. "You look like the type who screams confidence" Quincey says as she goes through her bag. Quincey handed Esme a flyer and smiled.

"So, with that being said, if you ever think about joining, tryouts are Friday at five".

"Hope to see you there!" She smiled softly before leaving Mae by herself again. "What did I just get myself into?" She mumbled while looking at the flyer. Walking into her last class of the day, Science, Esme heard her teacher yell. "Pencils out! You have a test" The woman called out.

Esme took her seat to join the annoyed classroom.