2. Potential

Master Yoda told each of us to get ready for the last trial in Illum, telling us to pack for the cold and hardships that lie ahead of them since those challenges will lead them to their future. He gives tours of the temples while explaining the characteristics of each kyber crystal and the background of illum. A robot that has spent ages crafting Jedi lightsabers for numerous Jedi in the Old Republic will serve as our guide for the duration of the expedition.

We were greeted by a Paladin-class corvette, which has been employed for years to send younglings on their final trials to find their crystal and become padawan learners, as Master Yoda finally led us into Temple Landing Bay. Jedi Master Jarrin greeted us when we boarded the ship and offered to lead us to Illum with his padawan.

We learned about each kyber crystal's characteristics along the route since the force always directs us to our crystal and selects its hue according to its characteristics. While the Jedi Master and Padawan recounted their adventure, I was occupied exploring the spacecraft, taking in its features, and taking in my surroundings.

The intercom once informed me that we were almost reaching Illum and that we should dress for the cold because the planet is harsher at this time of year. But as I headed out to get my stuff, I noticed a droid with a lightsaber's components all around it.

The younglings were all excited when they got off the ship after landing. Some of the more self-assured younglings and I simply shrugged off their complaints about how inhospitable the planet is and continued walking forward. We were told that there would be a time limit and that we needed to work swiftly before the temple closed because once it closed, it would never open again until the next group of younglings arrived. This was explained when the cave's entrance was shown.

All the younglings hurried inside when the Jedi Master told us, May the force be with us, but I just strolled in, which oddly startled the Master. When they got inside, it was like running against the clock, each of them on their own. For my part, I took a seat, focused, and made a connection with the energy that led me to my crystal.

As soon as I had conclusively established the location, I followed my directions and soon found it. The crystal itself had the clarity of glass and had the appearance of a very costly diamond. I observed the crystal sparkle as it transitioned from blue to green to red and then to orange upon touch.

After obtaining the crystal, I managed to leave the cave ahead of most of the younglings and indicated to the Jedi Master that I had succeeded by placing the crystal in my pocket. After I got out, I waited for the others as I meditated toward the power.

After each padawan had successfully retrieved their crystal, the Jedi Master told us that we could now make our lightsaber, but we would need an expert's guidance to do so. As a result, the Jedi Master led us to the ship, exited Illum's atmosphere, and headed straight for Coruscant. Our master will then select us from that point on.

After being led to a designated section of the ship, we saw Huyang, an Old Republic model droid who has been helping numerous Jedi construct their own lightsabers. As they expected an elderly man to lead, some younglings expressed surprise and disdain over how a droid could guide. However, if a droid has a healthy life, they can outlive an ordinary Jedi.

When I asked each youngling, one by one, until it was my time, what they thought their lightsaber looked like, Huyang was curious since the image was different, but he grasped the details and went over many of the lightsaber parts right away, using all of his "hands." While the other younglings were jumping eagerly in front of the counter, I, on the other hand, kept on meditating while I waited.

The Jedi Master was interested in my character and the reasons behind my differences from the other younglings. Thrilled, joyous, inquisitive, or uneasy, since they perceive me solely as composed and patient; my feelings coexist peacefully, and my bond with the force was equilibrium.