48

Chiara's feeling so beat up after her 8 hours of shift sa hospital at apat na oras na exam sa university. She just really want to lay on her bed and sleep, but she have lots of readings and study to do.

After her grab driver drop her off infront of her buidling, she immediately walked straight towards the elevator. Muntik na nga s'ya maiwan but good thing the person inside held the door for her.

"Thank you!" wika n'ya sa lalaking nasa loob, but she got shocked after looking at the guy that she's with inside. "Nicolai!" pagbati ni Chiara dito.

"Bakit ka nandito?"

"I'm planning to visit One. Pero wala pa daw s'ya, kaya maghihintay ako sa floor n'ya" napatango-tango si Chiara sa sagot ng nakababata. He seems get conscious with her around, and just because she's Chiara she tried to smile at him and said "Do you want to wait inside my unit?" she really found him cute when he got shocked on her offer.

"Huh?"

"So you can wait for him comfortably" she offers again. She saw how Nicolai bit his lower lip. "If I am not that much a bother" lumawak ang ngiti ni Chiara sa narinig dito.

She really wants to get closer to him. Hindi kasi sila ganoon nag-uusap. She also find him intimidating. Ang atensyon nito ay ibinibigay lang n'ya sa mga malalapit na kaibigan n'ya. She also thinks that Nicolai hated her for some reason. That's why she wants to break the walls between them.

"Sorry medyo makalat, exam season kaya hindi pa ako nakakapaglinis" nahihiyang wika ni Chiara matapos mapapasok sa loob ang nakababata. "Hindi ba talaga ako abala?"

"Hindi! It's really fine" sumenyas sya kay Nicolai na maupo muna sa sofa habang dumiretso naman s'ya sa kusina para painitin ang pizza na binili n'ya kagabi. "Do you have any preferred drinks?" Nicolai got startled on her question, busy kasi ito sa pagtingin sa loob ng unit n'ya.

"Strawberry drink" mas lalong lumawak ang ngiti ni Chiara sa nadinig. "Favorite ko din 'yun!" excited na wika n'ya at kinuha ang inumin sa ref n'ya. Madami s'yang stocks ng strawberry milk. Sometimes, coffee doesn't work for her but strawberry milk works like a magic.

"Ayan ready na ang pizza, let's eat first while waiting for One" Nicolai just can't watch her doing all the work kaya tinulungan nya ang nakatatanda sa pagdadala ng pagkain sa center table sa living room. They both flopped on the floor and started digging the food.

"It's still good, right?" Nicolai only hummed in response as he have food inside his mouth.

"Bakit ka pala pupunta kay One?" she waited for him to finish his food inside his mouth before he answered "We'll play video games. Other kuyas aren't free for me anymore" nakita n'ya ang pagnguso ni Nicolai.

"Oh they are probably busy?"

"Yes, kami pa lang ni One 'yung tapos na sa midterms" sagot sa kanya ng binata. "They probably will make time for you after their busy days" she tried to reassured him. Hindi n'ya akalain na ganito pala talaga kaclingy si Nicolai sa mga kaibigan. Akala n'ya Saint's just exaggerating the story.

"I hope so.. I think matatagalan pa lalo, especially kuya Jav and Saint are fighting" her food got stopped midway when he heard that from him. Magkaaway?

"Si Jav at Saint?!" naguguluhang wika ng dalaga. Sa araw-araw na magkausap sila ni Saint, walang nababanggit si Saint tungkol doon.

"I wasn't supposed to tell you that" Nicolai almost choked on his food. Agad s'yang inabutan ni Chiara ng inumin. "Kuya Eli and Iah told me to never meddle on their business kasi malalaki na sila" Chiara chuckled.