10. "You're a bitch"

"Is that him?"

"Shut up!"

"I just want to know if-"

"Shhhhh he's coming!"

I watch in awe as Chad makes his way over to the table Erica and I sit at.

"Ladies, how are you this fine afternoon?" he asks, taking the seat across from us.

"Hey, Chad... we're great. What about you?" I say sullenly. I'd rather admire him from afar; he's quite dull once you actually meet him.

I mean, he works at the library for Heaven's sake!

"Oh, you know. The same old, same old."

That didn't surprise me. He's literally a gorgeous man, but when he talks, all of the positives leave.

It's better to just stare.

"That sucks."

He nods and for a moment, we sit in complete, awkward silence.

"So what're you doing tonight, Mac?" he asks.

I nudge Erica's leg under the table. Her attention snaps, and she quickly covers for me. "We're going to a club my dad owns," she says.

That I believed. Erica's father owns a chain of night clubs- some strip- and since Erica is his daughter, she has full access to any club she chooses, and of course, she drags me along.

Not that I'm complaining; do you know how many cute guys' numbers I can get before the night's over? A lot.

And you know what? I never call them.

It's kind of mean, but hey, if I need a date, I have an arsenal of men.

"Oh? That's cool. Aren't you guys a little too young?"

I shoot him a glare.

"We're both eighteen, thank you," I snap.

I look like I'm fifteen. My face is still round, my hair is still bright blonde, I have freckles, and I'm pretty short.

Scratch that- I look like I'm ten.

"I can sense that I'm not wanted at the moment. I'll just be getting back to work," Chad stands and walks away.

"You're a bitch," Erica tells me.

"Yeah, I know. Are we really going to the club tonight?"

"Does Vegemite taste bad?"

"No."

"That never works," Erica sighs. "Yeah, we're going. Mama needs a drink!"

I laugh. Erica is just like that. Every once in a while, she gets quite the craving for liquor, and most of the time, she doesn't stop after a few. I normally have to carry her to the car and drive her to my house.

"I think we should have dates!" she whisper-yells.

"I'll pick yours and you can pick mine," I tell her.

"Sounds fair," she smirks.

"I give you Michael Clifford."

"I give you Luke Hemmings."

"There is no way in Hell. I'm not going tonight!" I snarl.

"Maybe now, Ashton Irwin won't look so bad," she giggles.

"Ashton never looks bad."

"I knew it! You like him!"

"I do not! I'm simply stating the fact that his face is inhumanly beautiful!"

"He is pretty hot," she agrees. "You're blushing! Why're you flushed?"

"Shut your face."

"Make me," she sticks her tongue out before gathering her things. "I'll pick you and Ashton up at eight. No sooner, no later," she winks.

I roll my eyes. "Goodbye, Erica," I sing.

After she leaves, I pull out my phone and send a text to Ashton.

Clubbing tonight?

Hello, sorry for this INCREDIBLY short chapter, buuuut! I'm busy today, so I needed to update something, and here it is! So, again, sorry.

But vote and spam me with comments, and there may just be an update tonight!

Erin xx