"On me."

"That's what I call investing. I'll get some fruitful results at the end," he smiled.

Aaradhya opened her mouth to argue when the auto stopped. She got up and ran inside the building without paying. Abhi paid for himself and her and followed her immediately. When he reached the fifth floor, he saw her searching for her keys impatiently.

"We need to talk," he said standing near her.

"There is no need for that," she said finally taking out the keys and unlocking the door. She entered and was about to close it when Abhi stood between it.

"I am not letting you go away this time. We need to talk," he said with determination in his tone.

"You don't understand, Abhi. You'll find someone better..."

"Why didn't you accept that proposal?"

"It's not about me. It's about you. You..."

"It's about us. Why did you not accept that proposal?" he asked again.

"I'll accept it if that makes you move on from me."

"No, you will not. I won't let you. You had a chance. You lost it. Now no one else is going to come into your life."

"You cannot decide that for me."

"I already did."

"We are not meant to be together. Accept it. I am not worth the struggle. You said it yourself you can be with a loser but not a coward. I am a coward."

"No. You are not. Otherwise, you would have been preparing for your wedding with that guy."

"You deserve someone better...."

"I love you."

"You will find someone...."

"I love you."

"I am not worth the struggle..."

"That's for me to decide."

"What part of the sentence we are not meant to be together you don't understand."

"The same part that of the sentence  I love you. I want to be with you. Even if it takes a lifetime to persuade you, I am ready for it, you don't understand."

She just kept looking at him, tears falling from her eyes freely. How was she so lucky to have someone like him in her life? She doesn't deserve this. How does this man still don't hate her? How is he still not tired of her? Why is he still not tired of her?

"Don't cry now. There is a serious discussion going on," he said gently wiping her tears, entering inside the flat completely now.

"Do you really think the end of this will be worth the struggle?"

"As long as we get to live together at the end, everything is worth it," he smiled caressing her cheeks lightly.

They don't remember who moved first but the next second their lips were on each other. This kiss was not like their first time, sweet and gentle. They poured their longing, their helplessness, their desire, their love and their passion into it.

After a few minutes, they were sitting on the floor, Abhi's back against the door and Aaradhya on his lap, her head buried in his chest.

"What if I back out again? What if I hurt you again?" she asked raising her head to meet his eyes.

"I'll chase you again," he smiled.

"You'll get tired."

"I won't. Try me."