Chapter 52

It was a warm bright day. Abhi was excited to join the hospital today. This is one of the best hospitals in India. He wants to give his best and learn a lot from here.

"Welcome Doctor," a senior greeted him cheerfully.
"Let me give you a tour of this place first," he continued.

"Yeah, sure," Abhi said smiling genuinely.

They walked through the numerous wide corridors, his senior Himanshu telling him about everything on the way.

"And this is your room," he told him.

"Ok, thanks," Abhi replied.

"During the lunch break, I'll introduce you to other staff. Though there are hundreds of doctors, nurses, ward boys and other employees working here you'll become friends with them with time," he smiled and took his leave after a small talk.

Abhi sat on his chair and admired his cabin. It was nice but he intends to do some small changes here.

And soon it was lunch break. He went to the canteen with Dr Himanshu. The place was filled with people with white coats. Some smiling, some were talking, some looking stressed and some just eating silently. Dr Himanshu took him to Dr Pooja because she had made him promise that he'd introduce him to her first.

"Meet Dr Pooja. One of the finest child specialists in this place," he introduced her.

"Dr Abhimanyu," he smiled and shook her hand.

"So are you liking this place," she asked.

"Till now, yeah," he said.

"Aaradhya! Come here. I have to introduce you to someone," Dr Pooja called out looking behind his shoulders. He stiffened at the mention of her name. No this can't be Aaradhya. She cannot be here.

"God! Don't shout like that," he heard her soft voice. She was here. How can this be possible? How is she here? Why is she working here in Delhi?

"This is Dr Abhimanyu. The new Neurologist that was supposed to join," she told her as Aaradhya approached them.

Aaradhya froze. He was standing just in front of her. He has developed more muscles. His shoulders have become broader. He must be gymming a lot. The boyish grin on his face was lost. He looked more manly now.

Abhi observed her. She was still the same, lean girl, just a little more curvier. She has developed curves at all the right faces. Her hair was a little short now. She loved long hair. He wondered why she would cut them.

"Guys?" Pooja said taking them out of their trance.

"Dr Abhimanyu Singh Rathod," he extended his hand towards her.

"Dr Aaradhya," she said in a small voice and shook his hand just for a second and left.

"What happened to her?" Dr Himanshu asked Pooja. She shrugged and went after her.

"I'll go to my room. I have to go through some case files. And I'm not hungry, anyway," Abhi told him gently and left.

He slammed the door of his office as he entered there. She still has the same effect on him. He thought he had moved on. But just one look at her and the memories came flooding back. Coming back was a mistake.

But he would not let her know the effect she has on him. He is going to avoid her and leave this hospital after six months. He cannot leave before that. He has signed a freaking contract with the hospital. He regrets the moment he decided to come back here. In the US only her memories haunted him. He cannot bear seeing her face every day. Why the hell is she here anyway?