Chapter 57

Aaradhya's mother has bought a beautiful suit for her to meet Anshuman's family. He was the eldest son of Viren Ravat, a big name in the business world. Viren and Aaradhya's father have known each other professionally for many years. Aditya met Anshuman at a business party and liked that boy immediately. His family was good and decent, perfect for their daughter. If Aaradhya finds Anshuman suitable, which he is sure she will, then he can get them engaged soon.

Aaradhya stood before the mirror wearing the beautiful blue colour suit, given by her mother. She applied minimal makeup and sat on her bed. What was she going to do? It was easy to think of all these things in her head but when they were happening for real, she was feeling anxious. She cannot do this. She cannot marry this man. Forget about marriage, she doesn't want to meet him. She doesn't want to be all dolled up and meet someone.

She got up and changed into a simple salwar and pants that she usually wears at home. She washed her face and dried it with a towel and tied her hair in a ponytail.

"Aaradhya! Come they are calling....." her mother stopped speaking when she saw her daughter.
"What happened? Why did you change?" she asked.

"I want to meet them like this," Aaradhya said simply.

"You were looking so beautiful in that," she said pointing towards the suit that was folded and kept on the bed.

"And I am looking very hideous like this?" Aaradhya asked.

"No! That's not what I mean. You are beautiful just like this. But that colour suited you. Why did you change?" her mother asked.

"I felt like changing, that's why," Aaradhya replied.

Her mother sighed. This is not Aaradhya. She never behaves like this.
"Is anything wrong? You can tell me," Anjali said gently.

"Anjali!" Aaradhya's grandmother called asking her to bring Aaradhya downstairs.

"We'll talk after this is over," Anjali said. She doesn't want to make the guest wait more.

Aaradhya went downstairs with her mother. She missed Avni, her sister. She was supposed to reach here by now but her flight was cancelled due to bad weather.

"Namastey!" Aaradhya wished the elders well and sat on the chair across from a boy whom she assumes is Anshuman.

She kept her gaze down most of the time, only answering in monosyllable when asked something. Later she was asked to take Anshuman to the garden so that they could talk a little.

"I don't want to marry you," she told him as soon as they entered the garden.

He was taken off guard by her blunt rejection but masked his emotions immediately.

"Oh! You should have told this to your parents earlier. It would have saved our as well as your time," he said.

"I am sorry for causing you inconvenience and wasting your time. But I cannot marry you. I don't want to disrespect you or your family. But it would be great if you just go inside and take your parents back. I'll talk to my parents and I am ready to take the blame on my shoulders," she told him.

She felt bad for causing them trouble. But that's what she is. A horrible person. The only thing she is capable of doing is being confused about what exactly she wants and causing trouble for others.

"Ok," Anshuman said not knowing how exactly to react.

He wanted to ask the reason for her direct rejection but it was not his place to ask that. Moreover, he doesn't care. He came here only because his parents asked him to. But when he saw her coming down the stairs in just simple clothes without any makeup, he felt maybe he could give this a chance. But if she doesn't want to then it's fine.