Chapter 19: Confused Feelings

Abhimanyu's blood boiled as Anuj told him about his father. Anuj felt that he needed to tell Abhi about his condition before he leaves the city. God knows how long it would take him to return.

Abhi could not even imagine his mother going through all this, ever. He offered to go with Anuj but Anuj declined. Anuj wanted to do this alone. But he promised to call in case things went out of hand and he needed any help.

After dropping him off at the nearby bus station, Abhi came back to his room and decided to check on Aaradhya.

"Hello," she answered the call on the second ring.

"Hii! How are you? Did you eat those fruits?" he asked.

"Yes! I just did," she said.

"You are not lying, right?" he asked again.

"Don't worry Abhi. I am here now. She will have to eat everything and anything we give her," this time it was Tanu.

"Ok, Tanu, great!" he said feeling relieved. 

"Yeah, I am great. I know," she giggled.

"Yes you indeed are," he said laughingly.

"So.." Abhi continued.

"So?" Tanu asked.

"So let's meet in the evening then?" he asked not sure what he was asking.

"Yeah, sure!" Tanu answered.

"Ok then, bye!" he said.

Soon it was evening and they decided to meet in the park near the campus. As Aaradhya and Tanu came out of the hostel gates, Tanu remembered that she had to take some notes for photocopy so she went to take them. Aaradhya sat on the nearby bench waiting for her.

"Hii!" she heard someone calling her.

"Hello," she said with a small smile.

"May I sit here?" Yuvraj asked signalling at the space beside her.

"Yeah, sure," Aaradhya said moving to her right to create more space.

"Thanks," he said sitting beside her.

"I wanted to thank you for convincing Teena to meet me. You helped me a lot. Thanks," Yuvraj continued.

"You're welcome. I appreciate your acknowledging your mistakes and try..." She stopped abruptly when she felt someone sitting to her right.

"Continue," Abhi said looking at her and then shifting his focus towards his phone.

"I thought you would meet us in the park directly," she said in a nervous tone.

"I thought we'll go together. Any problem with that," he asked raising his eyebrows.

"No. No problem," she said weakly.

"Good!" Abhi said shifting his focus to his mobile again.

There was a complete silence for one minute. Aaradhya felt that her heart would come out of her chest if she keeps sitting between these two intimidating men for one more second. Why was Yuvraj still sitting here?

"I... I am going to call Tanu," with that she stood and ran toward her hostel gates.

"So... You and Aaradhya. Hmm" said Yuvraj once she left.

"Yup! Me and her. So what?" Abhi asked shifting his focus from his phone to Yuvraj.

"So nothing. Well, she is a nice girl," he said after a pause.

"Stay away from her, if you want your well-being," Abhi said in a very serious tone.

Yuvraj laughed loudly shaking his head.