Chapter 13: Trouble

Exams are the most stressful part of a student's life. Be it a topper or an average student all have the same anxiety towards it.

Aaradhya has heard many times 'No one studies in college. Everyone just passes from solving previous years' papers.' Which fucking college was it. Because here, she was studying day and night and still she was not able to complete the syllabus. MBBS indeed was a tough course. No, it was the toughest course.

She felt like crying now. Because of that idiot Yuvraj she was not able to concentrate on anything last night. She can't remember a single word that she read then. All she was thinking was what if he harmed Abhi in any form?
She can't let that happen. Oh no! Not again. She has her mid sem exams in 2 days. She cannot waste more time now. She again shifted her focus on the book kept in front of her.

********

Yuvraj was sitting with two of his friends in the garden of the campus discussing last night's cricket match that India won. Suddenly one of his friends came with a gift wrapped beautifully.

"This is for you," he said giving it to Yuvraaj.

"For me? My birthday passed two months ago man!" he asked confusedly.

"I know and this is not from me. It was kept near my bag when I came back from the washroom. It had this slip which said 'Give it to our brave Yuvi' See yourself." he said forwarding a paper to him.

"Who might be this?" Yuvraj wondered looking at the gift carefully.

"Looks like you got some secret admirers." teased one of his friends.

Smiling he opened the gift carefully. And when it was completely uncovered he found a rectangular box. And when he opened that box he could feel his blood boiling. There were red colour beautiful bangles in it. Bangles! Who dared to give him such a thing? There was a note kept there which said 'Wondering why bangles? Because a man would never involve any girl in his fight. Keep this safe. One day when you discover your sexuality you would need this. And you're welcome!'

Abhimanyu. This cannot be any other person than that bastard Abhimanyu. Now he is going to see whom he messed with. He threw the bangles with such force that all of them broke making a tingling noise that made everyone else look there.

Enough of the bullshit. Now he will regret this and that too very soon.

*********

Abhimanyu was sitting in the library studying for the exam. He was quite proud of what he did today. He was imagining Yuvraj's face after opening the gift and he cannot control the smirk that formed at that thought.

He promised Aaradhya he would not fight with him, and will not say anything to him for yesterday. So he sent a gift. That was a loving gesture on his behalf, right?

He was sure Aaradhya would be mad after knowing this. But he'll handle her. First, he needs to teach that scum a lesson. Never involve his friends and close ones in matter that concerns him. Never!

That bastard was lucky he didn't touch Aaradhya otherwise he would have been in a hospital bed till now. Not only Aaradhya but if there was any other girl also, he would do the same. But somewhere he knows he cared for her a little more. He doesn't know why. But he feels, he needs to protect her from anyone who would harm her. She was too innocent and pure.

He has been observing her since the second day of college. Again he doesn't know why! Initially, he thought, she was just trying to be good to everyone so that she can make some friends here. But gradually he understood her. The little gestures of care she did for her friends without them knowing it. He came out of his thoughts when he heard some noise in the library. A furious Yuvraj was standing there, his eyes searching for someone. He smiled. That was what he wanted!

"I am here," Abhi said raising his hand.

"In the ground. Now!" Yuvraj spat and left.

Abhi rolled his eyes. Like he would do as he says. But this was fun. So he stood, took his bag and went towards the ground.

"You messed with the wrong person buddy," said Yuvraj as Abhi came towards him.

"Woww. No hello no hii! This is what I get after sending you a beautiful gift." he said sounding hurt.
"And about messing with the wrong person. You started it, buddy." continued Abhi in a calmer and more serious tone.

"I was thinking of letting you go. But the little stunt you played this morning messed it all up and this time you are gonna regret it," said Yuvraj smiling.

And suddenly Abhi was surrounded by five of Yuvraj's friends with bats in their hands.

"You all know I am a black belt In karate, right? " asked Abhi calmly.

The next minute was followed by silence and then suddenly one of the boys attacked him with his bat which Abhi dodged easily. And suddenly it all turned into a big fight where Abhi was fighting with the other five alone. Many students surrounded them but none dared to help him. That was the fear Yuvraj had over them.

Teena was absent-mindedly scrolling her phone when she heard some noises from the ground. When she reached there she was horrified with what she saw. Abhi was beating two boys and one was coming to hit his head from the back. She shouted to warn him but he didn't listen. So she did what her reflexes allowed her to. She ran towards him and stood in front of the boy which resulted in her taking the shot that was meant for Abhi. The bat hit her head so tightly that she felt she would die. She screamed and found black dots appearing in front of her.

Everyone became still for a moment. No one understood what happened. Even Yuvraj panicked watching Teena becoming unconscious.

"Teena!" Abhi shouted and after fifteen minutes they all were standing outside the hospital room where Teena was getting stitches.

The boy who hit her ran immediately after that. But Yuvraj was standing there clenching his fist tightly. This is not what he wanted. Why did that dumb girl come in between? It should have been Abhimanyu. He should have been bleeding not that girl. He hated that his heart pained seeing her in this condition. How is he going to make it up to her now? He was a big asshole he knows that. But he has never hit a girl in his life. That day too when he held Ishita's hand he was not going to do anything. He just wanted her to stop and listen to him but then Abhi intervened and punched him. Abhi is the problem. She got hurt because of him. But he cannot put the whole blame on Abhi. Unknowingly, he started to pray to save this girl's life at any cost. And suddenly it hit him. He prayed. He prayed again after fifteen years.