31: Alliance

During the two weeks that Zee stayed at the hospital, at least 2 people from stray kids visited her every day, mostly during the evening as schools had reopened. They changed their school too like they did to Chae, and Han's new friends joined them. Chae was Chan's sister for them and they got along well with everyone. 

"You make the best fried rice," Han melted after his first bite and Makato laughed.

"No, but like, seriously," Changbin joined him, "I'd sell my kidney for these."

They had split up chores and it was the new Haruto's and Makato's turn. They made fried rice, basically the only thing they knew how to make. They had managed to charm their way into their group, slipping in with them easily. Minho and Chan had been a bit distant in the beginning but those two rubbed on them too and it was basically chaos when they were together. Present night was one of the rare days when there was peace.

After the dishes were done and everyone was done for the night, they went into their rooms, ready for bed.

Han had almost fallen asleep when his phone started ringing. He picked it up, not paying attention to the fact that it was a Facetime call. And a group call.

"Your ear is disgusting," Hyunjin spoke.

"What do you want?" Han sat up, turning on his lamp and blinking his eyes.

"Emergency meeting," Chan said.

That got his attention. He realized it was just them 8. So it was about stray kids because the other two weren't let in on their secrets. And Han surprisingly understood them.

"Okay so Luna has asked for 3 of us to meet her in a cafe," Changbin started. 

He and Minho had gone to the hospital today. Minho had been going the most, probably because he buys Zee food secretly that Luna doesn't approve of. But Luna doesn't always stay there so it was easy. It was honestly kinda funny.

"She didn't say more, before anyone asks," Minho continued.

"I call stranger danger," Felix said. Han and Hyunjin agreed.

"Maybe she wants our help?" Seungmin asked.

"Yeah, it could be that," Chan replied. "We met them during our mission, remember?"

"Enemy's enemy is an ally," Minho completed for him.

There was a moment of silence and everyone murmured their agreement. 

"So the lucky 3 are?" Han asked, eager to go back to sleep. He was responsible for making breakfast the next day with Minho, and he would have to do the dishes if he woke up late.

"Chan, Minho, and Jeongin," Seungmin said easily as if he'd been waiting his whole life to say that.

"Wait, why me?" Jeongin asked. "I get the other two, cuz like, Chan is leader and Minho would  definitely buy Zee something, but why me?"

"Hey-" Minho's protest was cut short by Seungmin.

"She knows the 6 of us but you, baby bread, haven't been introduced yet," Seungmin said. "Besides, you look scary when you have a straight face, and Felix would probably look at the food and start smiling like a cinnamon roll."

"It's not a bad thing," Felix grumbled.

"I agree," Chan said.

Everyone agreed and the meeting was adjourned. Some had stuck around to talk but Han had said he needed sleep and had fallen asleep not long after. He had woken up late the next morning, and insisted on helping Minho, no matter what he said.