Idol's Secret Lover (281)

Start from the beginning

Wu Sheng wanted to say something straight, or better yet, tell her to wait for his return and he will be her suitor. However, Hong Cha's phone started to ring. She looked away and gave him an apologetic smile.

"See you tomorrow, Brother Sheng." Hong Cha pinched his cheek and left the car. She answered Cui Shen's phonecall as Wu Sheng hit his head on the steering wheel.

"F*ck." He cursed inevitably. He's all so arrogant and rude to others but he can't even have the courage to confess!

"When?" Hong Cha's ear buzzed. She didn't hear Cui Shen wrong, right?

"Okay, I'll repeat, kyah! Gu Zixing will tour around Zhejiang's rural spots next Saturday!" Cui Shen replied enthusiastically.

"Next Saturday? I'm free. I'll bring you guys here." She felt excited all of a sudden. Finally, a close up look with her idol! Hong Cha can't wait.

Guangzhou Province, Dongguan.

The prosperity of Dongxue Entertainment can be seen from the headquarter's outer and inner layout. It is a tall empire state building and lately, rumors circulated Dongxue Entertainment collaborated with Hengdian Studio for a movie project. What shook everyone is that the Film Emperor will star at the show.

The said Film Emperor is currently in his lounge that was built below the CEO's office. The whole floor was given to him as their appreciation. Every series and movies he filmed were always on demand and often causing them to run out of stock. His popularity is once more increasing since his fans are talking about his new project. They had always wished Gu Zixing to shoot a historical drama and see how he looks like as if he was Pan An. Few people leaked the information but millions are anticipating and guessing the plotline.

Gu Zixing's attention is on the laptop's screen as he typed countless words and numbers. He fixed his thin silver-rimmed glass and paused when his phone sounded with a 'ding'. Elegant slender hand reached for the object and opened it carefully. Gu Zixing saw his manager's text.

'Have you thought it through?'

His serious grey eyes slowly give birth to a lively glimmer. Gu Zixing sent one word, 'Accepted'. He was informed he will go to Zhejiang for a tour and familiarize with the environment. Most of his projects were done in a modern setting, those in his childhood are ancient eras. No wonder a lot of people wished to see an older version of Gu Zixing in a historical attire.

"Zhejiang." He murmured the word with a captivating low tone. For some reason, he wants to go there right away, although Zhejiang has no connection of him.

Saturday came by yet there was no sign of a crew or Gu Zixing walking going around the historical areas. The four girls were dejected and has to return home before late. Hong Cha remained peaceful and came back to help her mother.

"Cha'er, Shengsheng dropped by a while ago. His mother ordered three boxes of cupcakes. I have to trouble you and bring it to them." Duan Mei said while fixing the kitchen.

"Okay." Hong Cha's mood is a bit off and her mother noticed it.

"Cha'er, let's watch your favorite series later, that one called Snow's Golden Master?" Duan Mei approached her daughter and handed a bait. Hong Cha's eyes lit up. "I ordered the second season from a friend. You don't have to search for it anymore in the internet. But, make sure to come back on time. Here's a snack."

"Thank you, love you!" Hong Cha kissed Duan Mei's cheek and took the cupcake her mother handed. She left in a hurry and took out her bike. She has rarely used it because Wu Sheng likes to insist to drive her home.

The series Snow's Golden Master has been sold out after the release of the second season few months ago. The one she was watching in her laptop is only the first season and she can't get over it. Unfortunately, the second season ran out of stock and the company has to make another copy, the release is very tight due to its demand. She's so glad her mother knows her the best.

It was already getting dark. Hong Cha will soon arrive within ten minutes. The streets are empty and she saw a large group of girls looking for someone. Hong Cha continued biking, her gaze scanning the place too and noticed a person sneaking away.

"There he is!!!" A squeal came from one of the girls. They are getting ready to chase the guy.

Hong Cha stopped the bike and parked it behind an alley. She saw that the guy is running to her direction. He is quite tall, wearing an windbreaker because of spring's cold temperature, a cap on his head and facemask. Hong Cha finds him familiar although his eyes are brown. She have a hunch on who he was.

"Here!" Hong Cha ran towards him. He was hesitating and tried to run away from her too. Hong Cha clicked her tongue, he'll get hit if he goes across the road!

With fast reflexes, she grabbed his wrist and pulled him in the alley. Hong Cha is familiar here because this is where Wu Sheng's group often makes fun. She had forbidden him to ever go there again since his gang is filled with playboys. She doesn't want him to be influenced and start becoming a heartbreaker.

"Just follow me." Hong Cha tugged the man's wrist and dragged him to a corner. Luckily, she bumped into someone she knew. "Senior Rong!"

It was Rong Xiu's elder brother, a friend of Wu Sheng. His gang is conveniently there too.

"Hey, it's Boss Wu's girlfriend." He recognized Hong Cha, and even if she is a girl, he must not offend her. Wu Sheng will strangle them if something happens to her.

"Hide us from those girls, please?" She soon heard the shouts of those crazy enthusiasts.

Senior Rong agreed and had his boys blocked their path to hide them behind. Soon, a girl found them and asked if they saw a suspicious man and a girl. Senior Rong pointed opposite his direction and lured them to leave.

"Senior Rong, thanks." Hong Cha bowed sincerely and continued pulling the man.

"Should we tell Boss Wu?" One of them asked. Senior Rong shrugged his shoulder.

"He won't believe us if we tell him his sweetheart gave him a green hat." He replied laughingly. They knew the fierce Wu Sheng pampers Hong Cha very much.

"Okay, we're safe." Hong Cha was relieved she saved him. If she had let him exposed before his admirers, he'll surely get harassed. She let his wrist go and returned to her bike. Hong Cha took a pause, not knowing how to approach him. She can't show him she is also one of his fans or it will scare him too. Hong Cha took her bike and walked past him. "You better hurry and leave. Those are my classmates, and I know how crazy they are."

"I'm a thief." He said, his voice melodic and harmless, as if a song that can enchant many hearts.

Hong Cha laughed. She saw through his disguise, and maybe even those girls too. He can't fool her. "Nice try, Film Emperor Gu Zixing."

Gu Zixing was taken aback. She recognized him? Those girls that chased after him were not as keen as her. They saw him in Hengdian Studio without a disguise and stalked him here. He lowered his mask and watched the girl leave.

"Are you heading west?" He caught up with her bike and asked. Hong Cha stopped before facing him.

"Why?" She can't help but stop for him. Hong Cha can't look away as soon as she met his gaze. She squinted her eyes and muttered, "I thought your eyes are grey..."

"Oh, this? Contact lense. I thought it was effective but you saw through me." Gu Zixing chuckled. Since she knows she is the Film Emperor, and can recognize him at a glance, she must be a fan of his too. Her calm temper and zero interest to pester him has caught his attention. "I'm not quite familiar here. Do you know Wu Sheng, the young master of Wu Residence? I'm heading there."

"You know Brother Sheng?!" Hong Cha can't contain heir excitement and raised her tone. She covered her mouth and shyly apologized.

"It's okay. Just keep this a secret. Can you help me get there, though?" He removed his mask and revealed his signature smile, one that is dazzling with gentleness but somehow lacking warmth.

Hong Cha was stunned for a long time. Gu Zixing's usual smiles when he was young had vanished. The purity, the innocence, it's gone. Replaced by a temper of alienation yet no one can stop themselves from being entranced.