Where Delusion Blooms (277)

As if fate was being cruel, Nian Xiaoyuan happens to cross path with Se Hua more often. It was all in pure coincidence as Se Hua did her best to avoid him, and Alexander. A second of her presence is equal to a thousand knives. Every time he sees her, how he wished she was Hong Cha instead. With every hateful gaze Se Hua receives, she can only look down and stay silent until he leaves.

Nian Xiaoyuan dreamt of the same nightmare again. He couldn't sleep at all. How he wanted to hold Hong Cha again, cleanse his hatred, and cherish her instead. Take everything of him just to make her genuinely happy. Yet...

Hurriedly, he rushed to the burnt down empress palace. Nian Xiaoyuan reached it on no time with his clothes slightly disheveled and his hair loose. He stopped at the door of the room upon seeing a familiar back. Willow shoulder and a slim waist, her back against him as she stood by the moonlit window.

"Camellia!" Quickly, he held her in his embrace and earned a gasp from the lady.

"Sire!" Se Hua was stunned and pushed him a bit but recalling he is royalty, she stopped herself. She was more drawn to disbelief as Nian Xiaoyuan burrowed his face on her back she can feel his tears on her. Se Hua's heart felt pity. She thought, "Just for tonight..."

She lightly touched his arm and tried to comfort her without saying a word.

"Why... Why cant you be her instead?" Nian Xiaoyuan asked in a soft hoarse voice. For so long he desired for her to return, he begged the gods which he never believed, and they gave him Se Hua?

"Sire... I am but a simple commoner. I can never be equal to the late Imperial Noble Consort." Se Hua sighed. How much pain had this emperor gone through to?

Just as she was trying to understand, he turned her over and cupped her face with a hand. Se Hua's eyes widened when he kissed her. It was her first kiss!

"Sire! Get a hold of yourself! I am not-!" Before she can continue, fear struck her to meet his seemingly calm gaze. Those eyes that used to wish she was dead, was filled with something else she cannot understand. She is slightly relieved but she definitely dont want him to look at her with hate...

"Se Hua." Nian Xiaoyuan murmured her name. Of course, he knows she is not Hong Cha. But he cant stop himself from a foolish delusion. "This is not a request but an order. Inherit that position."

"But..." Se Hua doesn't want to. Either she refuse, or dies. Like in the west where there are nobles and peasants, she knows she cant be equal to a noble. A royalty's order cannot be defied.

"Se Hua, it is an order." Nian Xiaoyuan pressed on with a colder tone. Noticing her quiet behavior, he knew she had submitted. He caressed her cheek softly, before embracing her. "You are to be Imperial Noble Consort Hua starting tomorrow. Let this One...relieve his regrets."

"His Majesty's regrets?" Se Hua asked in her mind. Somehow, she cant believe that tyrant at the dock is the one holding her dearly at the moment. All she did was search more about Hong Cha, she never expected him to arrive here late at night and grant her that title second to the empress.

A second Imperial Noble Consort Hua was a shock to the nobles and it seems Nian Xiaoyuan is very fond of her as well. However, ministers are worried history might repeat, and so does Alexander.

Se Hua was given chest after chest of luxury. Dozens and dozens of best servants and nannies, as well as guards to ensure her safety. She is allowed to do whatever she wants too. Shopping, strolling, spending, all were covered by Nian Xiaoyuan. The treatment she received is indeed befitted for an Imperial Noble Consort. However...

Only she and Nian Xiaoyuan knows what is her purpose, and that is to relieve his regrets. What he was unable to grant Hong Chaz was granted to Se Hua. She have to receive them with open arms and she is afraid to disobey him or show discontent.