Arc 7: Royal Deceit (265)

As if being rude is not enough, the unruly warlord daringly held her waist. Hong Cha wanted to protest but the warlord pinched her waist harder. She stifled a painful groan.

"You are so audacious to provoke me." The man whispered to her with a chuckle. Hong Cha bit her lip under her veil. She is about to raise her hand to slap him but his words made her stop. "If you don't stay obedient, Tian will no longer be intact next month."

Hong Cha stopped. She broke into cold sweat and remained still. She can only grit her teeth as the warlord caressed her curved waist. So, everyone in Tian thought the warlord wants to use her as a leverage. It turns out he only wants to mess with her! Hong Cha was annoyed with this rogue but she is in his territory.

"How long will I have to stay?" She coldly asked.

"Depends. If I get bored, I can send you back and stay friends with Tian. If I am still interested, lets play cat and mouse." He shrugged his shoulder and drank another cup of wine. The warlord felt her stiffen when he rubbed the side of her softness with his callused thumb. "I wonder how beautiful Imperial Noble Consort Hua is."

"If I remove this veil, will you stop?" Hong Cha glared at the man, only to see his lips grinning playfully.

"Are you seeking trouble? You know I like bedding darlings. Just guess what will I do if I were to see your face." He whispered ambiguously. Hong Cha scoffed. "Why don't we have a game? Stay here in Xuan, and I'll show you this is better than Tian. If you like it here, I can send you back with a peace treaty. But, if you still don't like this place, you stay and accompany me wherever I go."

Hong Cha raised a brow but she can only nod. She is good at deceiving people, she can easily show him she likes Xuan and things will favor Tian. How hard can it be?

Hong Cha regretted. Warlord Xuan is obviously making fun of her. He said he can convince her by having her taste Xuan's strongest spirit. Since she agreed, she drank the strong spirit filling the gold goblet. Hong Cha almost cried from the bitter taste and from her grunt, Warlord Xuan knows she doesn't like it. He laughed in amusement.

"Was it not good?" He asked in fake concern but his mocking smile is obvious.

"Demonic man!" She thought, her grip on the goblet tightening. Hong Cha shook her head when Warlord Xuan offered her another cup of wine.

"This is the best wine of Xuan, made from fine white lotus flowers. Try it." Warlord Xuan gave her a different goblet.

Hong Cha frowned but the strong spirit blurred her sight. She raised the veil to expose her slim chin and red pouty lips. Warlord Xuan narrowed his eyes. It was just the lower face, what if he were to see whole?

Hong Cha drank without thinking. She choked after finding out it was the same spirit. She heard Warlord Xuan laughing at her misery. Her face flushed in red due to anger and drunkenness. She was tricked!

From below, they can tell Warlord Xuan is having fun teasing the mysterious beauty. On the other hand, the pretty women are jealous of this scene. Se Hong is the only calm lady in her group. She kept her head bowed and sipped on the wine.

Hong Cha's petite figure is already trembling from suppressed anger. She can do nothing than ignore him as he chattered on, talking about Xuan's agriculture. Because of the strong spirit, she weakened in no time and fell on his shoulder.

"Eh? So soon?" Warlord Xuan chuckled and steadied her.

"Must... Must retire." Hong Cha pushed him and stood up but the next moment, she became dizzy she fell down.

Warlord Xuan swiftly caught her. He carried Hong Cha and left the banquet hall without a word. No one dared to stop him even if they knew the beauty of Tian have a miserable fate.

Hong Cha can't struggle. She curled in his strong arms and sensed the comfort of sweet wine from him. What made her frown is that his body is cold. When Gu Jiaoyue holds her, he is warm. But this man, he is cold like corpse.

"Comfortable?" He asked faintly. Hong Cha didn't answer and leaned on his shoulder. Warlord Xuan smiled wickedly. He kicked a door open and placed her on a wide bed.

Warlord Xuan had always done things his way. He never gives anyone face and he gets what he wants without effort. Recently, he heard of the mysterious Imperial Noble Consort Hua of Tian. He was bored with his women and decided to try this one. With his threat, Tian doesn't have a choice at all. He was just tricking Hong Cha a while ago, and take this moment to reap the benefits. He had seen all kinds of beauty, seductive, innocent, strong, adorable, but which category does this woman fall in to?

He admits, her figure is not bad. She is thin but ample on the right places. Her body is slender and she have a flowery fragrance. Warlord Xuan doesn't have much patience to appreciate her restless body. He lifted he bamboo hat and revealed her face.

"Who...?" Hong Cha stopped moving and turned to face the person that unveiled her. She froze on her spot to see a familiar face under the glow of pale moonlight. Her nose turned sour and her eyes stung. Hong Cha felt her heart tighten and this face reminded her of her cruelty.

Warlord Xuan was taken aback. She does deserve her title. She looks provocative with a mixture of vulnerability yet a sign of beauty trap. Her willow eyebrows are furrowed, causing the lotus mark on her forehead to shrink pitifully. Her face is round and porcelain white, with small perfect nose that has a pinkish tip. Her plump tender cheeks are red from being drunk. Unexpectedly, her round eyes turned watery. Tears dampened her curved eyelashes, glistening down her cheeks.

Warlord Xuan had never seen such fascinating woman before. She was like impossible to exist. No wonder Emperor Yong is foolish for her, who can bear to scold and beat her?

"Gu Zixing!" Out of his expectation, she will embrace him and cry painfully.

Warlord Xuan was stunned. His devious intentions were thrown and something itched his heart. The woman kept sobbing and crying. She embraced him tightly as she murmured the same name over and over.

"Gu Zixing, Gu Zixing."

Warlord Xuan frowned a bit. From his informants, Emperor Yong's personal name is Gu Jiaoyue. Who is this Gu Zixing?