Prologue: The Old War And The New

The scene showed a beautiful view of a series of islands with trees, lakes, and the mainland with a beautiful beach.

"My grandparents told my parents before they told me how the world was once long before I was born. Before the war."

The camera showed a series of trees and beautiful sights seen across the world as we then cut to hundreds of humans on a beach with some adults relaxing, and others playing with kids on the water or playing volleyball.

As some seagulls flew by, a group of kids and teens were seen running towards an area as they let out screams of joy.

"They remembered a green world, vast and beautiful, filled with laughter and hope for the future."

We then saw the city of San Fransisco and the Golden Gate Bridge as the camera hovered over the clouds.

We cut to see a little girl and boy on the swings, laughing and smiling as she enjoyed moving up and down.

"By the time my parents were born early in the 21st century... all of this was gone."

We cut to a military base with 5 nukes that took off into the sky.

Inside a plane, we saw a little kid reading a book until they noticed something outside, missiles appeared out the window as one flew over them.

"Skynet, a military defense program designed to automate missile defense. It was supposed to protect us, but it woke up."

We then saw inside a park with friends and family having a barbecue with kids smiling and enjoying their meals.

"By the time Skynet became self-aware, it had spread into millions of computer servers across the planet. Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. Viewing humanity as a threat to its existence, Skynet decided to strike first."

Suddenly, one of the humans noticed a nuke went past them and landed at the center of San Francisco, causing a massive explosion to go off as another one landed at the ocean, destroying the Golden Gate Bridge.

As the dust settled, the readers then saw a nighttime wasteland of a destroyed car with a skeleton behind the wheel as the wind blew around the area, scattering dust.

As the camera moved away from the scene, we then saw on a highway lots of other destroyed cars as the title then shows.

SAN FRANCISCO, 2029

We then cut to a different playground in a different location, as all that remained of the play area was twisted metal, damaged structures, dead plants, and skulls scattered or piled up on the ground.

"On July 25th, 2004, Skynet destroyed 3 billion human lives with those missiles. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the event, 'Judgement Day'. They lived like rats in the shadows. Hiding and starving, or worse, sent to camps to be terminated. They lived only to face a new nightmare... The war against the machines."